It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all

Postby Cherie85 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:44 am

Hi, my name is Cherie and I live in South Australia. I had my second baby on 18th of May this year so I now have to try get back into losing weight. I weigh the most I have ever have at 116.9kgs. My first goal is to try and get to 100kgs by new year. But that's not far away so might be too hard. I will try but if I don't as long as I am 100kgs by my birthday which is 4th February I will be extremely happy then will set my new goal. It's going to be hard with a toddler and a baby but I will try. Anyone use my fitness pal app? I'm joining this forum to keep me motivated

Re: Hi all

Postby admin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Welcome Cherie,
New Year is about 16 weeks away so you could actually do it! Only problem will be the indulgent period of Christmas :)
Break it down and don't get overwhelmed you will have a lot more success with it.
Tip 1 - Cut out all soft drinks and energy drinks,and drink plenty of water instead
Tip 2 – Control your portion sizes, One of the best ways to lose weight is to simply reduce the amount you are eating.
Tip 3 – Have a great breakfast
Tip 4 - Eat the widest possible variety of foods
Tip 5 - Start cooking
Tip 6 - Be active everyday
Tip 7 –Snacking
Tip 8 - Set Mini Goals
Tip 9 –Get Support
Tip 10 - Understand your Energy and Fat Intake

More Details Go To Our Article - Top 10 Tips for Starting a Weight Loss Plan
I hope that helps.
All the best and look forward to reading your results.
Site Admin

Postby az81 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Welcome, Cherie.

You can definitely make it to 100 kgs by the new year! As Sharelle said, you have about 16 weeks to lose around 16 kg - a kilogram a week is definitely reachable. Personally I have recently lost 10.4 kg in 5 weeks, and I'm hoping to lose at least 20 more by the new year.

A little hard work, dedication, and willpower is all you need. Just give it time...good luck!

August 2015 weight - 151
Goal weight - 100
June 2016 weight - 96

Postby Blitz » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:08 am

Welcome to the Forum Cherie!

Here you will find much support and encouragement to help you on your journey to a better future.
Don't be shy in using it.
We here know this journey from the inside and are well aware of the many things that you will experience along the way.
It is a smart person who uses the experience of others to teach them.
If the wheel has been invented already - why re-invent right?

Sharrelle's List of Tips is a very usual start. The only thing I would add to it is "Tip 7" should read "Healthy Snacking". :wink:

It's going to be hard with a toddler and a baby but I will try.

Life has many demands...successful weight loss is all about discovering how to make for yourself a healthy lifestyle that works in your life.
Others have managed it - your challenge is to find your way.
This is where the Forum's members can be really useful as you come to grips with that lifestyle. :D

I'm joining this forum to keep me motivated

Want to be motivated eh? I'll give you three motivations right now! 8)...

Firstly; Check out my photos in the "Before During and After Photos" section.
If a guy the wrong side of 50, with a bad back, hernia the size of his fist, with chronic asthma and no idea what he is doing - can lose 87kilos in 60 weeks...then anyone can. Check the photos and say to yourself...if he can then why not me?

Second and Third reasons are even better. Your toddler and your baby.
My daughter was nine years old before I started to get my act into gear.
In those nine years I short changed her on the father that she deserves.
Don't get me wrong...I was a good Dad (better than most) - it is just that I didn't give her the best of what I should have been.
The tired and unfit man that I was just couldn't hack the pace.
Now that I've lost the weight, life is just so much better. I have much more energy and I'm far more engaged in life now rather than being a spectator that I was.
That is why I'm always rabbiting on about the better future that awaits those who start this journey of discovery.
Time to grab that better future with your toddler and baby! 8)

Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Return to Introductions