It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:56 am

Free Newsletter

Another New Guy.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another New Guy.

Postby Peter J » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:56 pm

I am new to this site. Just looking for the occasional bit of support. I am 173cm and 124K. I was 130, just started to cut back two weeks ago. I have tried everything like most people, but this time really want to succeed. any guys out there is the same boat?
Peter J

Postby Summer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:10 pm

Hey Peter,
Glad you're joining us. This is definately a great place for long as you keep posting, you'll get plenty of feedback and motivation. It seems like I've tried everything also....for a day. I'm the worst dieter ever. I try a diet for a day, think it's too hard and give up. But, this time, I want it to be different. Best wishes with your weight loss.

Postby Fairie » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:26 pm

Welcome Peter J,

You have done well for the first 2 weeks.
Good Luck with your weightloss journey. :D

Postby Peter J » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:30 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind welcome and support. :lol:
Peter J

Welcome on board Peter

Postby Ed » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:06 pm

Hi Peter, welcome on board.

I haven't noticed too many guys posting messages to this forum (perhaps they're a little shy) but I'm sure many read the messages and share the trials and tribulations of those that do.

Hopefully more men will realise how valuable it can be to have like-minded people from all places and all walks of life to share the weight loss journey with - after all we know from statistics that as a percentage of the population there are more overweight men than there are women.

I guess we men are just a little slow at catching on.

They do say that females are the smarter half of our species!!!

Congrats on your early weight loss success and I look forward to reading about your future successes right here.

Good luck and thanks for joining us.

Ed. :)

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:41 pm

Hi Peter, welcome to our happy group (I won't say jolly because only fat people are jolly and we're really thin people on the inside)
When I belonged to ediets there were only a couple of men that joined there too, I guess not many men were interested in losing weight to extending their lives, funny about that.

Return to Introductions