It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi

Postby laura » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi,
I'm Laura and I'm so happy to find this site. I'm 31yo, mother of 2 and it's the first time I have problems with my weight. I used to be one of the lucky ones, I was skinny no matter what I was eating and I used to enjoy a lot of chocolate :oops: . Until 5 years ago I was 55-58 kg depending on season and I'm 1,74 m tall. After I had my second baby we moved to Australia and I had a little depression, I missed my family, the baby was sick quite often and was allergic to sunscreen cream so I had to stay in the house all the time. My husband was working hard, long hours and he was using the only car we had. Chocolate became my best friend :oops: . So, here I am, 5 years later, just a few weeks before I become a nurse :P , 76 kg on the scale, I realized that it's time to do something about it. I don't want to go back to 55 kg but I'll be more than happy with 60, so my goal is to lose 16 kg.
laura

Postby lollilova » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:36 pm

Hi Laura,

Firstly congratulations on becoming a Nurse! Wow, we all know we need more of them!

I am new on here too and it is such a supportive site.

I know how you feel when you say that you were stuck in the house. It is horrible isn't it? Im 27 and have 2 under 2, my hubby2b works 12 hours a day, we have only really seen him for 6 days since October. (Which is really hard for my 21mo). And we live in Karratha which isn't the best place to stay motivated. No creche at the gym, can't get into childcare, the list goes on really. Up until now I have used those excuses to my advantage but enough is enough... I have to get off my (big) bottom and do something myself.

It takes a while to find the motivation but once you get it you are on a roll... hopefully.

Have you decided which diet or weight loss plan you are going to follow? I'm not on anything at the moment as I am still breastfeeding, but just trying to up the exercise and stop eating so much crap (especially in the middle of the night when everything is extremely boring... Food looks and tastes better then too!).

Anyway, good luck with your journey!

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby laura » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi Bianca,
thank you for the warm wellcome :P .
I'm not on a diet right now, I've never had this problems before so I don't really know what to do. All I know is that I'm 20 kg heavier now that 5 years ago and I'm worried about the next 5 or 10 years if I continue like that. I did some reaserch on internet (this is how I found this site) and found out that I should eat 1200-1500 cal/day. I started at the gym 2 weeks ago, for the first time in my life :lol: and for a week I jogged on a treadmill and lifted weights. I was pretty impresed with myself, I started jogging 0.5 km in the first day (almost killed myself :roll: ) but at the end of the week I managed to do 1.3 km in the first session, then after some weight lifting another 1.1 km. I had to take a break for a week :( because I'm in that period of the month and there's no way I can do any exercise this days. But I tried to count calories and I managed to eat around 1200 cal/day all week. It's amaizing how many calories my favorite pizza has :shock: .

Well, my plan is to go back to the gym next week and keep jogging, I try to get to 2.5 km in one session and to eat 1200 cal/day. I'll see how it goes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:40 pm

hi there laura
welcome to the forum glad to have you on board. feel free to join in when and where you feel comfortable. where do you originate from? sometimes the weight creeps up on us before we even realise! i knew i was chubby but when i saw photos of my myself i was disgusted! anyway best wishes for your weightloss journey. looking forward to seeing you around :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:06 pm

Hey Laura and welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you onboard. Thanks for sharing you weight loss journey with us!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:42 pm

Welcome aboard too Laura, look forward to seeing all your great success in 2007.. 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Dozzy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:23 pm

Welcom laura
one day at a time..

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2JJ1Om/]
[/url]
Dozzy

Postby laura » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:43 am

Thank you all :D .

I finished my Christmas shoppings yesterday evening and bought myself a nice digital scale. The one I had was an old, 10 dollar scale, not very reliable. Well, after one week of exercising and one week of counting calories my weight is 76.4 kg :cry: . Tonight I back to the gym :wink: .
[/url]
laura

Postby Jisgone » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:16 am

Did you use your new scales to weigh in? there is often differences between scales and i had the same thing happen to me. I was using my parents old scales and i weighed in much differently on them, so now i just use the one set of scales for weigh ins :)
Jisgone

Postby laura » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:03 am

With my old scale I could tell that I was in the 76 area :? . The new one shows 76.4 kg, I'm a little bit disappointed, hopped that it will be under 76 :( . For now on I'll use the new scale only.
[/url]
laura

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:53 am

HI laura and welcome to the forums . Hope to see you around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby KimE » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:19 pm

Hello Laura and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a great plan going there. Stick with it and you will get to your goal.

All the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions