It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby AussieHool » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:55 pm

My name is Mirko.

I've joined this forum to help my friend, let's call him Ross, who has a weight problem.

I'm pretty fit myself, with all the fighting I get up to, but if you could pass on any tips for my mate that would be great. I've tried smacking him on the back of the head when he grabs another donut, but that doesn't stop him.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:59 pm

Hi Mirko that made me laugh lol. smack him harder next time- jsut kidding :) the tips i can give are: drink plenty of water. at least 2 litres a day! it really helps! cut out all softdrinks, junk food, snack on fruit, vegies and so on. i limited my carbs- so if he has lots of bread make him change to the wholegrain varieties and so on. have a browse around here to find some other tips. the xmas season can be hard to lose the weight so dont be too hard on him- stay supportive :)

Postby Ally » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:42 am

Unfortunately Mirko, unless Ross himself wants to lose the weight then there is nothing much you can do but try and support him the best you can. Constant nagging will only turn him more to food. Just be ready with the hints and tips the day he turns and says, "gee I think I need to lose weight". There is nothing wrong with trying to encourage him to lose weight, but ultimately he has to be committed to doing so.

Yeah got a giggle out of the smack in the head for donut too!!! LOL :P

Postby KimE » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:27 am

Hello Mirko and welcome to the forum.

Ross will only lose the weight if he truly chooses to and commits to doing so. Does he think he is overweight?

What may help is encouraging him to do more exercise or eat healthier by leading by example. Perhaps join a gym with him or something like that. Next time you all want pizza go and get a subway instead and choose one of the healtheir options.

Let us know how you go.

Best of luck.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Introductions