It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

Support needed

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Support needed

Postby tiffanyp » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:54 pm

I am new at Forums, however have certainly read a few!
I am not sure if I trust the world of web chats, however, I certainly need to gain some support to assist me in my weight loss.
This time last year I was 10 kilo lighter than I am today. Going to the beach yesterday was very embarrassing and I never ventured down to the water!
I dont fit in to any of my clothing, my husband loves my big boobs and I am hating them as it is the first sign of weight gain!
I have a wardrobe full of clothing that I must get in to.
My weight gain has been completely my fault. I am an emotional eater and I have stopped excercising due to taking up full time work. My husband goes away fishing for work and I have two small children to look after and a house to manage as well as working a 50 hour week - when am I supposed to excercise.
Today is the first day of my new approach to my diet.
I have packed my sandshoes and excercise wear so I can go for a walk before I leave work to collect the children.
I have decided to take a few tips from this web site and start eating less, not necessarily change my diet (other than to reduce the naughties like chocoloate and alcohol) but use a smaller plate, eat slower and earlier in the evening.
I have printed off a diary to record my eating patterns and I have also printed off a few of the recipies to try.

I look forward to reporting on how my weight loss is going.

Today I am 65 cm tall and I weigh close to 78 kilo's.
My goal is to reach 65 kilo or under (pre kids I was 61) but my body hasnt been to that weight for years!!

Wish me Luck! :)
tiffanyp

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello Tiffany and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you have gotten heaps of tips already and have a great plan underway. Well done! You've not only made the decision but have started taking steps to assist you in your new healthier lifestyle.

Join in wherever you feel comfortable. Glad to have you aboard.

I wish you every success on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby slimmindown » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:57 pm

Hey there, sounds like you have a good plan, good luck with it all. There is great support here and lots of great people so your sure to get some good advice and motivation.

cant wait to see your results 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:22 pm

hey there tiffany. sounds like you have amde some great decisions there welcome and best wishes for your weightloss journey. get yourself a funky ticker!!
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi tiffany and welcome to the forums
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi Tiffany and welcome to the forum....It certainly sounds like you have your hands full!! Just make changes where you can (as you are already doing!) I find gradual changes last longer than just gun-ho into things first off!!

I wish you all the best and you will certainly get plenty of support here!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:49 pm

welcome tiffany :)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Hiya Tiffany

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay :) It's definitely tough being an emotional eater, the key is to find other things to distract yourself from eating. Do you have any hobbies you can throw yourself into when you get the urge to eat emotionally?
Good on you for starting up the walking, and good luck with it!

Emma
zeedeveelgirl

Thanks so much!

Postby tiffanyp » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:14 am

Wow, thank you all so much for posting some reply's to my cry for support!
I was up thismorning and went for a walk before getting organised for work. We live very close to the beach so it was actually wonderful to enjoy the day so early, listening to the waves lapping on the beach!
Before I went to get my children last night I went for a very fast 30 minute walk along the esplanade of the city foreshore.
I made myself a Banana Smoothie for breaky and I feel great already!
Albeit my shirt buttons are bursting and I have a very nasty 'muffin top' happening above my pants!
Thanks again for the wonderful support. My husband congratulated me today and said that he thinks it is great that I am finally 'moving' again!

Tiffany :P
tiffanyp

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Sounds like hubby is supportive Tiffany and I think that is half the battle won!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:47 am

hi tiffany
what a great start! its ncie that your hubby is acknowledging your progress already :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Congrats for throwing yourself into it Tiffany! It's always helpful to have a partner who supports your weight loss. Have fun with your beach walks :):)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi Tiffany! The beach walks sound great, especially at that time of the morning - the best time of the day :D

I know what it's like to have a wardrobe full of clothes you can't fit into. I was at the stage where all I could wear was tracksuit pants lol. When a work dinner came up, I had to make a mercy dash to the local shopping centre to buy something to wear :shock:

Best wishes for your weight loss journey :)
SarahC

Postby Chinta » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:47 am

Hi Tiffany,

The world of web chats is a great place for support, where you might not it from family & friends. it`s great to be amoung people who are all striving for the same thing, and can help you on your way.

Wishing You luck! :D
ImageImage
Chinta

Return to Introductions