It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 am

Free Newsletter

NEW YEAR RESOLUTION

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

NEW YEAR RESOLUTION

Postby orily1 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi everyone, am here because this year i truly intend to take my weightloss challenge seriously and to stick it. I am a yoyo dieter with horrendous eating habits. This holidays i have done nothing but happily, and shamefully tucked into as much junk food as i could cram into my mouth and the result has been laughing back at me everytime i look at myself infront of the mirror.

My weight before i started in on the junkfood was sitting at 60kg and my main goal was to get to at least 50-55kg. Instead i piled on 5 kilos and my size 12 jeans are now starting to get tighter and tighter. I normally don't excercise because.... to be honest i cannot give a reason why :lol:. But i live a kinda hectic lifestyle and i guess i always use it as an excuse not to live a healthy lifestyle.

So after seeing this website i decided that its not enough to make weightloss a New Year's resolution i had to act and do something about it. After reading different peoples lifestories and the amazing changes that have taken place, it has inspired me even more to seriously get back to a healthy eating program and exercise. Of course it will be hard i know but i'll keep in touch.
orily1

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:54 pm

hi orily

good luck with your weight loss journey. there are some really supportive people on here. and lots of great tips!!

i am trying to do more exercise at the moment too!! there are some great exercise challenges at the mo so join in if you want!!

beck :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:58 pm

Hello Orily and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have your head in the right direction. So much of this is about our mental attitude and focus rather. Rather than just wanting something you need to actively choose it and do the things that help you get there. It's not easy but man when you fit into clothes you haven't for some time it is very rewarding. Not to mention the wonderful and very important health benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle.

Sing out if you need any help and feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable.

I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:04 pm

I have so much weight to lose that it's just embarrassing to be honest. :oops: Rather than make a New Years resolution I have simply decided that enough is enough.

Like so many of you on here, I'm sure, I am a shocking yo yo dieter. But I have decided that now is the time, not just to lose weight, and to keep it off, but to get my head around the kind of person I am, and what I have to do to be the kind of person I want to be, regardless of how much I weigh.
Dee

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Hello Dee and welcome to the forum.

Don't forget to check out the home page as there is heaps of tools and tips to help you get started.

Well done for making a healthier choice and great to have you aboard.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:55 pm

Hiya to both of you!
Good luck!! It's a great time to start losing weight - after all of the Christmas and New Year food goodies! Keep positive and you can do it!

Emma
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi there Orily and Dee and welcome to the forum!! You will find plenty of support and encouragement here!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:25 am

hi orily

kim is right - its all about the mental attitude towards it. i never went on a diet as such but always said i would start 'first thing monday' 'tomorrow' etc etc but never did. you need to look at making lifestyle changes - you put on that 5kg for a reason. now you need to do the opposite to lose it. best wishes!

hey dee :)

dont be embarrassed because that means you are embarrassed of us as well!! we are all here to lose weight and maintain it as wel. stay dedicated and you can achieve anything.
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi there guys and welcome to the forums . Hope to see u around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby orily1 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:33 am

Thank you zee!!!
orily1