It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi Just want to say I am new and Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Just want to say I am new and Hello

Postby millie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:07 am

Hi
My name is Millie and I have just found this website and am so happy that I have.

I am 97 KG and am not very happy about it. I have two boys one 4.5 years and one just 13 months, I have been overweight all my life but having two children has seemed to compund it somewhat.

I have always fluctuated between around 75 to 90 kg my whole adult life and after my second son when I jumped on the scale and saw a staggering 106kg I knew it was time. I feel as though I have been treading water over the last year not really ready to commit to this whole weightloss thing, but I saw a photo last week of myself (which I avoid at all costs) on my second sons first birthday party a month ago. And guess what I am fat. I need help.

I have commited big time now. I have a photo!!! NOW I HAVE PROOF!!! Cant push it under the rug any more.

I have quietly confiscated all copies of the photo in question and have become more determined than ever.

I am a very strong willed person but I have a addiction to chocolate and know that is my biggest downfall so I am going cold turkey to chocolate so I want you guys to keep me to that. I look farward to talking to you everyday and seeing how you are doing and telling you how I am doing.

I really feel that this forum is going to get me to my goal.

Millie
millie

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:32 am

Welcome Millie!
Wonderful to have you join our weight loss team. Determination is the key and it sounds like you are really determined to shed your weight.
Chocolate was my downfall too but over the past couple of weeks I have managed to combat it.
If I stick to my diet, each night I reward myself with a choc flavoured chupa chup. It makes me feel like I'm still eating chocolate but without the fat (it lasts longer than a few squares of chocolate too)
Dolly
Dolly

Hi Millie

Postby Ed » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:12 am

Hi Millie,

welcome aboard!!!

As DOLLY said, you do sound very determined and I'm sure that the great people within this forum will help you through to your weightloss goal.

Aren't photos of ourselves very powerful weightloss tools?

I remember watching an episode in the first series of the American weightloss show "the biggest loser", where the participants were shown a life-sized cardboard cut-out of themselves and couldn't believe the reaction.

None of the participants could believe that they actually looked as big as they did in the cut-outs, dispite some of them weighing close to 150kgs.

I think keeping a "fat photo" constantly handy is a great weightloss motivational tool and I'm going to start carrying one around with me.

Thanks for the reminder of how powerful photos of ourselves can be and for joining this wonderful group of people who share a common goal.

I look forward to reading all about your weightloss successes in the not-too-distant future.

Ed. :D
Ed

Postby Fairie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:43 am

Hi Millie and welcome to our group :D

We can bury our heads in the sand until we see a photo of ourselves. :oops:

Good luck with your weightloss journey and hope you join in. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:30 am

I agree Ed, I plonked an ugly fat photo of myself in the refrigerator. I was glad the moisture in there didn't make it curl but more importantly, everytime I open the door I'm reminded that if I eat something fatty I might remain like this forever.
A few girls at WW have a photo on the outside of their fridge door, but I didn't want my visitors to see the photo so it's on the top shelf on the inside.
Photo's sure are powerful incentives to lose.
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:18 am

I had Darren take a special fat photo of me when I joined WW (no sitting down or hiding those horror hips behind the furniture) and I printed it out and use it as a bookmark. Maybe when I get to goal I'll make a scrapbook of my journey!

Welcome aboard Millie! You'll find lots of support and encouragement here. The more the merrier!
Serena

Postby Maraver » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Start one now Serena it will keep you on track I bet
welcome Millie you saound really determined good on yet
I am from Adelaide to I love in Morphett Vale and Fairie lives up in the hills we met up the other week and had a great time
keep positive mate and you will get there
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Introductions