It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am

Free Newsletter

Just saying hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Thank You so much

Postby Pepper » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:01 pm

BubblyMac wrote: So if anyone has travelled overthere and can give me some tips/tell me how they enjoyed it there, please let me know. I always wanted to honeymoon in Bora Bora but until recently discovering how expensive it all is - woah!! :shock: So my partner and I compromised a stop over in Tahita with a day trip to Bora Bora.

Tip #1 - remember to tip!! :lol: It is a "must" in the States, and if you don't it will be frowned upon. But don't do what my darling husband did, he forgot to bring small change and was on at least two occasions forced to tip $10 and $20!!! :cry:

Tip #2 - make full use of Disneyland's "fast passes"!! They are a godsend!! :D I'm sure you will read about this service in your travel info, but if not there are literally hundreds of websites full of "do's" and "don'ts" worth reading for instance http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/disney ... dltips.htm At universal they have a similar set up, priority pass or something like that (I can't recall off the top of my head) but you have to pay extra for this, unlike at Disney parks where it is automatically calculated in the price of your admission ticket.

Tip #3 - (for Vegas) expect crowds, lines are long (but friendly) and the Americans (unlike us impatient "ozzies") are very calm even if it means standing in long lines for hours!!

Tip #4 - (also for Vegas) cruise the Strip, there are lots of cheap diners and you can get great deals eg. 99c hotdogs that are long and big enough to feed 3 people!!!

Tip #5 - (the US in general) Be warned, their meals are HUGE!!! Everything is upsized naturally, their serving sizes are absolutely massive!!! Sharing is a good idea if you want to cut down costs.

As for Bora Bora....it is a dream, but if you want similar type of tropic luxury, at half the cost try the Cook Islands. We were so impressed with the islands we decided to get married there and it was the most romantic decision we ever made, here is one of many info site: http://www.tourismcookislands.com/ We had a traditional (sunset) island wedding and honeymoon in Rarotonga and it was beautiful. I recommended it to a woman at work and she was gobsmacked at how cheapit was in comparison to so many other tropic paradises with prices to suit all budgets.

Please keep us posted on your upcoming day, and remember (as someone else said) PICCIES please!!! :wink:
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi larissa and welcome to the forums
Hope to see you around
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:02 pm

HI, Your trip sounds almost identical to my honeymoon which was seven years ago. We went to Los Angeles, San Fransisco, San Diego, Las Vegas and New York. The them parks are the best - It took us three full days to see all of Disneyland and Universal was my favourite! My tip - dont go to Universal with a tour bus that has a set departure time - we were offered free tickets to the filming of a great show in the evening but we couldnt go as our bus had to leave! They are always giving away tickets for shows that are filming (sitcoms mainly) so be on the lookout and ask around. We also asked our hotel concierge and he knew everything. I remember asking to see Friends and they told us there was a two year waiting list!!!! :shock:
Another tip - save the shopping outlets to the end of your trip if possible. We had to carry so much stuff everywhere (we were there for a month) and we ended up having to buy another suitcase to carry it all! :oops:
I agree with Pepper about the food - it was shocking! :o The plates were huge, the food was mostly unhealthy and we each put on ten kilos in a month :o :o :o But then again, back then I had no idea about eating properly anyway. So, unless you want to come back and not fit into any of your clothes be very very careful. Also, with the baby thing, I fell pregnant when I was about a size 22 so hopefully you'll be OK - I guess everyone's different though.
Hope that helps a bit
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby BubblyMac » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:19 pm

Thanks Liz! :)

It was good to read your reply.

How'd you find your pregnancy went? Was it alright? Did you find it hard to have kids or it just happened ok for you guys? How many kids do you have ?

Thanks too for the travel tips. i'll be sure to remember those. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:59 am

Hi again, Yeah, I fell pregnant probably after a few months of trying so I guess that's pretty quick. The first few months were hell, everything made me vomit! Toothpaste, chicken, meat, etc. I survived mainly on fruit. My diet was pretty bad back then and *cringes*I used to eat a whole bag of salt & vinegar chips with a slurpee from 7-eleven every night :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm surprised my daughter turned out healthy. She actually has a problem with her eyes though and when I think of my diet I blame myself a bit for not taking care. :( :cry:
Oh well, I try to teach her good habits now because I know how hard it is to break bad ones.
Yes, I only have the one child but I'm hoping for another this year :lol:
Better get cracking! :D
Your trip will be so much fun - any room in the suitcase for me?? :wink:
Liz
bluebox451

Previous

Return to Introductions