It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

happy new year

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

happy new year

Postby milo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi, I am new to this site. The web site was so usful. I was very impressed. And I am hoping to find some inspiration and loads of support on this forum.

A bit about me, I am 26, 27 soon :( getting old. For years I have had no self confidence and now we are palnning to have kids soon I thought it was time to come out of my shell.

I have always thought I looked fat, but I look back on photos and think gosh, what was I thinking. The photos of me now however arnt very flattering at all, especially the ones I saw of me at christmas.

In 2005 I went to weight watches and lost 5 kilos for my wedding. I went from 83kg to 77kg. Then I put it all back on during the honey moon and got back down to 74kg which I was so proud of. But I have put it all back on and my scales arnt working but I can say I am easliy back to 83kg, maybe more. This disapoints me because I said I would never go back over 75kg.

I joined this site because I have always said (basically every day) I will be good today and I never am, by lunch time I eat loads of crap and it continues all day long.
It was my new year resolution to lose 10 kilos but by the way I am going I will be putting on 10kg more.

So I hope I can do this, because I am getting embarressed to go out and I feel so uncomfortale with in me.

I look forward to getting to know you all, sorry for my whole life story :lol: Just thought it would be better to get it out now :D
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi mel

nice to have you here :) im sure you will find the support you need here - a lot of us have! thanks for sharing your story- its nice to get some background info on everyone :) browse around here and you will find some tips you can use to get to the weight you want to be at :)
kate_turner2000

Postby tiffanyp » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Welcome to the forum and the site Mel, I am sure you will find plenty of support here!
I only started on this forum this week, and I too have reached 80 kilo after losing lots of weight this time last year and getting down to 65kilo.

So, stay in touch and good luck with your lifestyle change.
We are all here for you and if you ever need a little boost, just enter the forum! There is always someone on line to help!

Cheers
Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:36 pm

Hello Mel and welcome to the forum.

We can provide plenty of support to help when you need it. Ultimately, it's up to you but there's nothing like some motivation from others who are going through or have been through the same things. Thanks for sharing some info with us so we know a bit more about you, it is appreciated.

Sing out if you need anything and feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chinta » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:25 pm

Hi Mel

You have come to the right place to help you get back into shape...... There are so many wonderful people on here ready to lend all the support you need to reach your goals :D
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby Ally » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi Mel and welcome to the forum!! This is your one stop shop for support and motivation!! Take the time to have a good look around and feel free to join in where you would like to!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby corolla_chick » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:55 pm

welcome milo :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 am

he mel and welcome to the forums . Hope to see u around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:50 am

Hi,

Like you I look back at photos where I thought I was fat and think what was I thinking? My mum used to be constantly on my back about losing weight, (and still is for all the good it does!) but realistically I'd say I was pretty close to my ideal weight range! Isn't it funny how warped a perception we can have about ourselves; perhaps we tell ourselves for so long that we're overweight that eventually it just become true...

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby milo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:13 am

Dee wrote:Hi,

Like you I look back at photos where I thought I was fat and think what was I thinking? My mum used to be constantly on my back about losing weight, (and still is for all the good it does!) but realistically I'd say I was pretty close to my ideal weight range! Isn't it funny how warped a perception we can have about ourselves; perhaps we tell ourselves for so long that we're overweight that eventually it just become true...

Dee

Dee, I think thats totally true. Its amazing how our weight can play with our head and how much it takes part of our lives... I am sure other people are well worse off then us but here we worry about the way we look :roll:
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:18 am

I gotta say I can't wait until I get to the point where food is no longer such an obsession!
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Return to Introductions