It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:35 am

Free Newsletter

Hi Everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everyone

Postby Elmo's Shoelace » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi Everyone,
My name is Amy, I'm 24, I live in Western Sydney and am a manager for a small-ish retail store (best job I've ever had). I've always been overweight, though the few times I've had the willpower to actually stick to a diet I've managed to lose a few kilos. My husband and I have finally decided to get serious and do something about our weight together, which is why I decided to join the forum to give myself that extra bit of support. I'm excited to join the forum and can't wait to meet everyone!
Elmo's Shoelace

Postby Ally » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:50 pm

Hey welcome to the forum Amy!!! Glad to have you onboard!! Feel free to check out the challenges we have on offer, that may be a help to you and hubby!! See you around the boards mate!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chinta » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:19 am

Image aboard Amy :D
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:02 am

Hi Amy,

Can I swap hubbies with you? Mine is thin and a diet sabatuer of the unknowing kind once I pointed out what he was doing last weekend was bad for me - he is trying to help but not very good at it :?
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:31 am

hi amy
where abouts in western sydney are you from? i grew up out that way. best wishes for your weightloss journey it sounds like you have a great hubby to support you :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:36 am

Hello Amy and welcome to the forum.

That is great that you and your hubby are doing this together, you can keep each other on track.

Have a good look around and join in wherever you are comfortable.

All the best on you weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby tiffanyp » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:05 am

WELCOME AMY!

I love your name! I called my daughter 'Amy'!!

Great to hear that you have support from your husband. Mine is very supportive as well.

Look forward to getting to know you better. Good luck with your journey.

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby corolla_chick » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:39 am

welcome to the forum amy :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:09 am

hi Amy and welcome to the forums hope to see u around the boards
jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Hiya Amy!

Welcome to the forums, we're a very friendly bunch which I'm sure you've already found out.. Good luck to you and your husband for the weightloss, what a great thing to have - a built-in exercise and diet buddy!!

What's your goal weight and how much would you say you'd like to lose?

Emma
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Elmo's Shoelace » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Wow, thanks guys for all being so supportive!
In answer to all your questions:
I live near Blacktown and work in Westfield Parramatta (I've only jusy gotten promoted to store manager there recently and am loving it!)
I am 167cm and weigh 109kg. I did Weight Watchers for a while last year and lost 5kg but had to stop attending due to a few reasons (and only put 1kg back on!). Now my husband and I are feeling ready to go back. My goal weight is between 65 and 71kg. My husband's weight is around the same as mine. He used to be quite active at work but since starting an office job has found he is struggling with his weight also.
I'm using a few techniques to keep me motivated - I got a bike for Xmas (but I don't know how to ride yet), I've been downloading heaps of high-energy songs to dance around to, I've joined this forum, and today my husband bought a Playstation Eye Toy Kinetics game which lets you set a profile and has a 12-week exercise program. It's quite fun, and totally exhausting! I'm hoping all the gorgeous girls I work with will also help motivate me (well, since I'm their manager I'll tell them they have to motivate me!)
Anyway, I won't bore you with any more details but I'm really looking forward to the journey!
Elmo's Shoelace

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:38 pm

hey there amy
i grew up in mt druitt but dont hold it against me! i wa sborn at blacktown hospital :) do you work in a clothes shop? because that would be really motivating! you can reach your goal just perservere and you will be right. you have all the tools to do it :)

kate_turner2000

Postby Elmo's Shoelace » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi Kate,
No, I won't hold it against you! I used to work in Mt Druitt. I was also born in Blacktown Hospital! I've lived in this area all my life.
No, I don't work in a clothes store. My store has toys, novelty items, etc. I get paid to play all day :) But all the girls I work with are just gorgeous, and they all talk about going out clothes shopping, or clubbing, and getting picked up by guys, etc. I'm not saying I want to join them (my husband probably wouldn't like that), but they just remind me of what I'm missing out on sometimes....
Hope to talk to you again soon!
Elmo's Shoelace

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:55 am

Hey Amy I used to live at North Parramatta a loooooooooong time ago lol

My daughter was born at Westmead hospital and I used to take her for walks to Westfield all the time to try and keep fit lol The slow walk uphill on the way home was the killer though :?

Bec is now 17 so as I said it is a loooooong time ago lol - actually it was 1989 and 1990 that I lived there, then moved to the central cost in mid 1990 - such a long time ago and so far fromwhere I am now :shock:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:57 am

Image oh sounds like fun! heidi would have a ball in there (my daughter). i lived in mt druitt til i was 10. small world huh? im sure once you lose some weight it will motivate you to keep going :)
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Introductions