It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:15 am

Free Newsletter

Hello from another new kid on the block :D

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from another new kid on the block :D

Postby macasgirl4eva » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:00 pm

8) Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this site, and consequently this forum during one of my many google searches on healthy weightloss and fitness.

To introduce myself: I am a 23year old government employee who is due to be married on the 4th of March, and I am currently nearing the end of a self imposed 12week challenge.

I am almost at the weight that I was when I met my fiancee 3years ago :D I attribute my weight gain of 10kgs in 3years majoritively to coupledom, letting go of the structure that I had as a single girl when it came to my diet and exercise. The weight just 'snuck on' over time, I'm sure a lot of you guys out there can identify with that.

As much as I am happy with what I have achieved so far, I am intending on raising the bar and actively pursuing a healthier, leaner and fitter me. I would love to hear everyone elses stories and hope to see you around the forums.

Best of luck in your endeavours! xoxox

P.S. I went and made myself a counter like the ones that seem popular around here, hope it works out ok :)
macasgirl4eva

Postby Chinta » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi macasgirl :D

Congratulations on your weight loss......... You are going to look stunning in Your wedding dress :wink:
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:10 pm

hi macasgirl
welcome to the group :) your ticker looks funky and im sure you will look funky too once you have reached your goals :)
kate_turner2000

Postby macasgirl4eva » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:12 pm

:D Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it makes our journey so much nicer when we have a few friends by our side I think :)
macasgirl4eva

Postby tiffanyp » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:42 pm

Hey Maccasgirl4ever (or whatever it was)
Glad you came across this site. It certainly is fun having someone to chat to when you are on such a personal journey.

What is your dress like? You will look stunning and can you tell us a bit more on how you have done it so far? What eating plan, what excercise. etc

It would be great to hear.
Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:58 pm

Hey MG and welcome to the forum!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby grugwashere » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:06 am

WELCOME MG hope everything works out wondefully for you and i bet u will look gorgeous on ur wedding day :D
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:14 am

Welcome MG :D Well done on your weight loss, and your decision to have a healthier lifestyle! Best wishes for the wedding too, how exciting 8)
SarahC

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:21 am

welcome to the forum!! :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Dee » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:22 am

Welcome MG.

You'll soon find that these folks are an amzing source of comfort, support, encouragment and advice.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:57 am

Hi MG - nice to meet you. Congrats on your weight loss!!
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:58 am

Welcome to the forums MG . Hope to see you around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby macasgirl4eva » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:13 pm

I'll post a pic of me in my wedding dress at some stage for you all to see. I am so lucky I bought a dress with a lace up back which has accomodated me throughout my weightloss. So there's a tip for you all 8)

My eating plan has basically been my own adapdation of the body for life principles of eating. Check the website bodyforlife . com for more details. But the basic principles are you have 6 small meals a day combining a portion of protein and carbohydrates. You also include healthy fats and two portions of vegetables a day. It's quite easy to fall into the pattern of following it, even for someone life myself who is working a rotating 24hr shift roster.

This works really well for someone like me who really struggles with the usual 'no carbs after x o'clock' type diets. To make it easier I also use meal replacement shakes at my own leisure which I actually enjoy. I tend to use the protein powders rather than the meal replacements which have too many carbs which I tend to get from my everyday lifestyle anyway. (Closet carbs junkie)

My exercise involves hitting the gym around 3 times a week for around an hr. And if that isn't possible I try to get as much incidental exercise as I can and at least take the dogs for a walk if not meet one of my friends for a run.

At the gym I mix around 40mins cardio and 20mins strength training- combination of free weights and pin and plate loaded equipment. I try to vary my cardio as much as possible to prevent plateau's and keep myself interested. The aim of my weight training is mainly to increase lean muscle mass and my metabolism, but also to tone.

It's amazing how fast your fitness increases if you stick at it. I have been hiding behind excuses and fear when it comes to my cardio fitness pretty much my whole life. Because I was a chubby kid that wasn't interested in sport as such (because it usually involved me getting picked on), I set my opinion to things like "I'm just not a runner" etc.

After not long at all including more cardio exercise in my lifestyle I found that I could run after all. I recently competed in my first 5km fun run, and it actually was fun!

Anyway, that's enough out of me. I hope to see you guys around the traps soon though. And thanks heaps for all your kind replies :D
macasgirl4eva

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks for sharing that MG....you certainly have a no-nonsense approach to your weight loss and exercise which is great!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:31 pm

Hello MG and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations...on everything actually! I think you have a great approach to your weightloss journey and your eating and exercise plan is excellent. Well done on your loss to date and on the fantastic effort you have put in. Keep it up, you will be a georgeous bride I am sure...oh and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Introductions