It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello All

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:49 pm

Thankfully I have never been a night eater. I too love my sleep all too much to have it interrupted (even when the neighbours have domestics that EVERYONE wakes up for, I sleep soundly through. God knows what will happen if I have a baby one day :shock: )

Welsome to the forum though and hopefully we can help you get on top of it!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:58 pm

lol im usually the one peeking out the window checking out the domestics haha. i love my sleep too- i used to sleep to 2pm when i finished school before i started working i loved it! but when you have a baby- god things change tegan!
kate_turner2000

Postby Bella214 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:53 pm

okay, have just made myself a large sign to put on the fridge telling me to go back to bed ... i will now place this on the fridge and take it off in the morning ... i will let you know how i go! my weakness is icecream so hopefully once i see the sign i will carry my butt back to bed! hehe

keep your fingers crossed for me!

ps - this website rocks ... the people are so motivational! thanks everyone!

*hugs*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX3QzRl/]
[/url]
Bella214

Postby Simmy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi Bella and welcome to the forum! I can't relate to going to the kitchen in between sleeping. (Far to lazy to leave bed) but nothing stops me entering it a million times during the day. (well nothing used to) Sarah I have tried the herbal sleeping tablets to - didn't do anything. I have had prescrions for Stilnox before and it works wonders. However if you dont want to go to the docs (Im not sure if "to stop me going to the kitchen during the night" would warrant a prescription, lol) then there is another good one called restavit. You have to ask for it at the pharmacy (and they usually ask you a few qs) but its not prescription and it works well. Like any sleeping drug though its for occassional use. Anyway, hope that helps!
Simmy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:07 am

hi bella let us know if the sign works! best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:45 am

Hey Bella great idea about the sign! I have sticky notes on some things in my fridge... sometimes I take notice of them, sometimes I ignore them :oops: Make sure the writing is big so you are able to read it clearly when your eyes aren't awake :wink:

Could you put a note on the ice cream container as well as one on the front of the fridge, as a back up? I have one on my ice cream... whenever I have a serving, I record the date on the note. Then if I get it out again and see that today's date is written there, then I can't have anymore. It lasts so much longer that way :)

Just had another thought last night. If you're waking up because you need to go to the toilet, maybe try to get all your water drunk by say dinner time, then cut it down or don't drink anything after that. Then you might be a chance to sleep throught the night. I'm trying this one tonight lol.

Good luck :D

Thanks for the tip re the sleeping tablets Simmy. Think I've just figured out what I'm doing at lunchtime... a walk to the chemist yay :D
SarahC

Postby Bella214 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:26 am

good morning all!

well, the sign worked ... its funny actually, i went to bed and was thinking about the sign ... sad, i know! but it deterred me from getting up cause i didnt want to have to look at it! hehe ... i woke up a few times and just had some water ... at about 5 this morning i had a bunch of grapes ... so i'm very happy with that!

well, thats night one taken care of! hehe

yayay!

:lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX3QzRl/]
[/url]
Bella214

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:28 am

hi bella well done :) thats the first step :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:31 am

Welcome Bella, and well done on your sign and not eating last night.
sounds like you are heading in the right direction cant wait to see all your great results in the coming weeks.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Previous

Return to Introductions