It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello New

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello New

Postby Nicklee88 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:26 pm

Finally found a Aussie Site.

Well firstly let me introduce my self. My Name is Nick and i am 17.

Yes I may be too young to be thinking about weightloss, but i finally faced the facts and did something about it

I have always been big/overweight every since i hit highschool.

But after breaking my leg last christmas, i plumbed on the weight and got to the point where I had to do something about. I got to 93kg. But dertermine to reduce my weight. I did everything possible.

Firstly i set a goal weight. to loose 83kg but throught I should do something that other people normally dont, which is set a unrealistic goal that other people will tell ya you wont be able to do. And this part has help me the most.

I cut down on basically all fatty foods & Drinks.

My Daily exercise involves

# 45 Minutes Of Brisk Walking
# Weights 2-3 a week
# Swimming 2-3 A Week
# I play the drums :P does that count as physical movement

And when every I feel hungry i suck on fat free lollies and drink plenty of water

So Far Since Exercising Jan-Feb 2005 to date i have manage to loose 16-17kg's and not only do i feel better but i have more energy.

Although the journey hasnt finished, I still have 7+ kg's to loose but I hope eventually I will get there and be able to maintain it.

Well I hope to get to know you all and learn from your experiences and the do and donts'. And maybe i can also share more experiences.

Sorry about the long post :P
Nick.... :)

Postby Fairie » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:47 pm

Hello Nicklee88,

Welcome to the forum, you maybe only 17 but well done on doing something about your weight problem now and not letting it really get out of control. :D

Everyone here is great and will give you heaps of support, keep us posted on how you are going. :D

Postby Maraver » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:38 pm

Congratualtions and welcome you are an inspiration
well done and we will help you celebrate when you get to goal

Postby Dolly » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:56 pm

Hi Nick, it sure is wonderful finding an auzzie weight loss forum isn't it ? I was getting so sick of converting my kilo's to pounds just so the Americans could understand me on eDiets.

You're doing a fantastic job and I'm sure you'll shed those 7 or 8 kilo real soon.

Did you get to watch the biggest loser last night? I figure if I watch the recording enough times, I might lose some weight because I'm not visiting the fridge (just kidding) :D
That gingerbread man on your ticker is fat free right?

Welcome Nick

Postby Ed » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:30 pm

Hey Nick,

welcome on board.

Congrats on your weight loss success thus far.

The way you're going it will be you giving us all the advice.

I'm glad you shared your exercise program with us.

It's easy to think that exercising everyday is too much, but when you have lofty weight loss goals, you need to exercise AT LEAST once a day.

The trick is to mix it up like you are doing so you don't get bored, burnt-out or injured.

By doing different types of exercise and changing the intensity (mixing hard, easy and medium days) we keep the body guessing and don't let it get too used to one activity. This helps us burn the maximum number of calories.

I noticed you do weight training. This type of exercise can be a little off putting for some people because adding muscle often means adding "weight". What most people don't realise is that adding lean muscle weight is actually very beneficial in burning body fat.

Not only that, it helps to reshape our bodies and helps us firm up all the flabby bits!!! So well done for including it in your exercise program.

And yes, drumming does count!!!

Well done again on your success so far, we all look forward to hearing about the next 7 kilos coming off and how you're doing it.

Ed. :D

Return to Introductions