It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Yet Another Newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Pepper » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:02 am

[center]Image
GAIA GIRL!!![/center]

Don't worry about having a lot of weight to lose. It's not the amount of weight that you're trying to lose that matters, it's the motivation and determination to start and keep going until you finally get to goal that's important. And with so wonderful support and inspiration found here amongst friends, you're bound to kick a**!!! :wink:
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi Gaia_Girl and welcome!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:27 am

Hi & Welcom Gaia_Girl

You have found the right place to help you with your weight loss. There's a really wonderful aura of support and encouragement and motivation around here. I've only been hanging 'round here for a week or so and already feel a big difference between this effort to lose weight and all my previous efforts.

I have a lot of weight to lose myself so I know where you're coming from. But I'm not really focussing on that long term goal right now because when I have done that in the past it has been impossible to stay motivated on something so far from happening and I've been able to justify having a food binge or not doing exercise. This time I'm focussing on the immediate changes I'm making to my lifestyle...making healthy food choices, incorporating exercise into my routine etc I've found this to be an easier way to stay motivated.

I hope you find this forum as positive a contribution to your weight loss journey as I have and I wish you much success with your goals.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby chunky monkey » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:48 am

Hi Gaia Girl,

Welcome to the site!! I have 79k to lose and for me 40 is just around the corner.

Everyone here is so friendly and helpful,

Best wishes on your journey,

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby little mumma » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi Sis

Yes it is me little mumma (sam's mummy) and wanted to say GOOF FOR YOU!! We can do this together and we will get healthy, fit and gorgeous. Love you heaps and I will be your 24/7 back up support system too.

Talk to you tomorrow, love you. :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waMUZTv/]
little mumma

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:29 pm

Welcome Gaia Girl
JUles
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Pepper » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:24 pm

mary_in_adelaide wrote:I have a lot of weight to lose myself so I know where you're coming from. But I'm not really focussing on that long term goal right now because when I have done that in the past it has been impossible to stay motivated on something so far from happening
Couldn't have said it better myself Mary!!! Image

I too have a lot of weight to lose (approx. 75kg) but for now I'm just focussing on a shorter goal (as you can see from my ticker) getting to DOUBLE DIGITS after that, it will be up for review!!! :wink:

Just take baby steps Gala Girl, and before you know it, you'll be running and won't realise it!!! Image
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby Fairie » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:17 am

Hi Gaia Girl, welcome to this great forum. :D

I too have a lot to loose and it is way too hard to do if you think "I have 60kgs to loose". As Pepper and Mary_in_Adelaide said break it down into smaller lots so it isn't so daunting. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Thanks

Postby Gaia_Girl » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Hello Everyone!

All I can say is a very big thank you to everyone who has posted responses to mine. The friendliness and support is almost overwhelming.

The advice you all have given me has been excellent and I really feel I am on the right track now. I have small goals now, don't feel guilty if I eat something 'naughty' and have such a positive attitude to my journey (much more than I thought I already had).

I look forward to reading about everyone's journeys

Blessed Be

Gaia_Girl
"Magick Happens"
Gaia_Girl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:09 pm

glad to hear you are staying positive gaia girl, you can do it mate :)
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Introductions