It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everybody!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everybody!

Postby Anne » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:14 am

Hi everyone! Just a few words to introduce myself. I`m new to the forum, and I`m really glad to have a place where I can get motivated!
I managed to lose some weight three years ago, but overdid it a little - before long I was thinking of nothing but food. I would half starve myself, and then binge, and then half starve myself again. I finally gave it up. Now I want to start again, but I think I`ve got a long way to go: I`m very lazy when it comes to exercising and tend to eat when I`m discouraged or tired - which is a lot of the time!
I never had a support group before, though, so I hope this time will be different. Good luck, everyone!

Postby slimmindown » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:19 am

Welcome aboard Anne.

If its support you need(and we all do), you've come to the right place. This is a great platform for weight loss, great advice and inspiration.

look forward to seeing you keep your motivation and create that healthy lifestyle to make you feel fab. good luck on your journey. We are here for support whenever you need us :D
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:21 am

Hi anne welcome to the board i hope you can find the motivation and encouragement you need here :)

Postby Leababy4 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello Anne and Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of really useful advice and heaps of motivation and encouragement right here. I'm so happy that I found this forum, it has really helped with my determination to lose weight.

Good Luck.

Leanne :D

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi Anne and welcome to the forums!!!

Good luck with your weight loss! You're right about how hard it is going it alone, having a support group makes it sooo much easier! I was doing Weight Watchers when I first started losing weight, and when I stopped going to the meetings and started doing it by myself it was much harder, and eventually I just kept slipping up and 'cheating'. Since being on here I have definitely found it easier!

Hope you find the same :)

Postby KimE » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:55 pm

Hello Anne and welcome to the forum.

Building good habits both with eating and exercise is an essential part of weightloss so build them up slowly so your body gets used to it. Try to find some sort of exercise you really enjoy so it doesn't seem like hard work. I was a big couch potato and now I exercise most days and I enjoy it. Love going to the gym or doing a weight session.....LOL what a geek! Anyway I'm just saying with time you can change you habits and turn your lifestyle back to a healthy one.

All the very best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby corolla_chick » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:40 pm

welcome to the forum :D:D:D
beck :D

Postby BubblyMac » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:31 pm

Welcome to the forum Anne!! :) :D

You have definately come to the right place for advice, support, motivation and lots of helpful ideas and tips on everything to do with weight loss.

I use to go to Weight Watches meetings and would always find going by myself and never making friends really hard, as everyone else would always chat to each other or they would come with a friend or relative. So that didn't work for me and this was the reason why I joined the forum this time, instead of another try at WW.

Already in my first week i've lost 1.6kg and doing well. I"m getting lots of advice and ideas from this forum which is definately helping me stay motivated.

I really hope this forum helps you too with your weight loss journey! Remember to stay positive and even if you slip up (like I have this week) dont' think that's the end of it, keep on being good with food and exercise and you will still lose weight. You really can.

Exercise tips for someone who isn't really into it - if in the lounge room/watching tv, get up every ad break and walk around the room then sit down. Even cleaning-vacuming, doing the dishes, ironing-all these help as well. Buy one of those circular mini trampolines (I just got one for x'mas, only abut $30/40) and jump on that 10 mins a day. (I was also a couch potato) Little doses of exercise add up and do help to start off with, until you get more comfortable walking or going to the gym. Walk around the back yard for a few times or start with some skipping or star jumps. Little things will help you achieve your goal.

Look forward in hearing about your weight loss journey and getting to know you. :)

Good Luck!! :wink: :D

Larrissa :)

Postby Ally » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:45 am

Hiya Anne and welcome to the forum!

Postby tiffanyp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:49 pm

Hello Anne,
I too would like to welcome you to the Forum.

Good luck on your journey. I know that it can be hard to stay motivated, but utilise the weigh ins on this site, become accountable for your actions and you will end up committing yourself for a real lifestyle change, instead of just another attempt at diet.

Knowing that all these lovely ladies and gentlemen on this forum will know if I put on weight, reminds me to pass on the extra calories!

Anyway, nice to meet you and see you round the postings!

Tiffany :D

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:54 pm

welcome on board anne!!!
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:47 pm

Hi anne and welcome to the forums
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:14 pm

hi anne and welcome to the forum!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions