It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 am

Free Newsletter

A Novel Introduction!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A Novel Introduction!

Postby shaz73 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:43 pm

Hello people.
My name is Sharon and I'm a skinny person carrying an extra 30 kilo's!

Well...pre-children I was slim. 3 PRECIOUS children later and I have the body to prove it! Unfortunately, I am not one of the lucky ones who shrinks back to svelte slim size after having children. In fact, I put on more weight with each child! My husband wants us to have a 4th!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Everyone has their own story as to why/how long they've been overweight. Some people have never known what it's like to be thin and some people (like me) have been slim but put on weight for various reasons. And I think both scenario's are as painful as each other.

I saw a lady on the Dr Phil show (I love Dr Phil!) who said she had a bad body image. Usually people who have a "bad body image" are those who are thin but think they're fat. But this lady said that when she looked in the mirror, she saw a slim person but the reality was - she was quite overweight. But she only saw her overweight self in photo's or on video! WELL THAT IS SOOOOO ME!!!! When I look in the mirror, I think, "I don't look too bad". Sometimes I even think I look good! It's not until I see a photo of myself that I am repulsed by what I see.

I think maybe because of my bad body image, I find it hard to stick to diets because "I don't think I'm that bad"! I don't know... Might also have something to do with me liking food & hating exercise!! LOL

When I came across this forum, I thought, "Why would I want to join?" I am very fearful of joining, with the intention of losing weight & sharing the journey with you, only to stay the same weight or put on more weight a year down the track! Thus becoming a failure! And I was thinking, "Well, what can joining some forum do for me?" So I started reading some of the posts and really got into looking at the Before & After photo's. In the end, I decided to join to keep myself accountable. And I look at it as kind of like going to the gym with someone. Seeing other peoples tickers climbing towards their goal has inspired me to get my own ticker and watch mine move towards the goal.

Another thing I've always avoided doing is weighing myself. I just wanted to let my clothes tell me the results - but I look forward to weighing myself just so I can post the results on my ticker! I should also mention that I have a 5 month old baby girl - Aliyra-Rose - and I am breast feeding her so I'm finding that cutting down my food intake is very difficult. Breastfeeding is supposed to make you LOSE weight but my appetite has increased & I get quite hungry!

So I look forward to "finding the slim within" with all of you, watching my ticker climb, watching yours climb & seeing more Before & After shots! Hopefully, mine will be there one day! By reading the posts (not necessarily to me), I'm hoping to get LOTS of encouragement to exercise & LOTS of suggestions for quick, easy, healthy, low fat meals. The links are great too!

So that's me! Told you it was a novel!!!! Look forward to hearing from you & chatting.

Shaz :D
Proud Mum of 4 - it's the best job I've ever had!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgt4vP2/]
shaz73

Postby Leababy4 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:58 pm

Hi Sharon. Welcome to the forum. I've only been a member for a couple of months but have found everyone very friendly and always ready with helpful advice.

I can definitely relate to putting on weight with each pregnancy. I've got 4 under 6. Youngest is 10 months and I'm still breastfeeding too. I never worried too much about how much I weighed - kept getting pregnant again and could just wear my maternity clothes. But no more babies for me - I want my old body back or at least something similar. (My tummy is never going to be much good - 4 caesarians saw to that.)

Anyway, Good Luck, I know you can do it. Getting started is the hardest part.

Leanne. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlUhPjo/]
Leababy4

Postby shaz73 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:05 pm

WOW!! Leanne, you are so close to you goal!!! That's great!

I guess once you reach your goal weight, the next goal is maintaining it, hey?

You replied so quick!! You must be a speed reader, considering there was alot to read!!! LOL!!

Thanks so much for your welcome. I'll be looking out for your Before & After pics.

shaz73

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:29 pm

best wishes shaz, i hope you get what you want out of the forum
kate_turner2000

Postby shaz73 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Thanks Kate!

1 kilo to go! You must be sooo hapy & so proud of yourself! I bet you're friends & family are proud of you!

shaz73

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:53 pm

Welcome Shaz :):)
Hope you enjoy your stay on the forums, it helps sooo much having a whole group of people supporting you because we are all going through the same or similar things!
Good luck for the weight loss - you can do it!!
Emma
zeedeveelgirl

Postby shaz73 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks Emma.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

shaz73

Postby KimE » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Hello Sharon and welcome to the forum.

LOL I too thought I looked OK most of the time as I am a pretty positive sort of gal but the photos and those glimpses in shop windows brought me back down to earth and I knew I had to make some changes. Anyway, well done on making the decision to become a healthier you.

I wish you every success on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby katie78 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:15 pm

HEY SHARRON :)
"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS"

katie78

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:09 pm

hi shaz thanks mate, have put on some kilos over xmas but havent adjusted my ticker accordingly yet.
kate_turner2000

Postby shaz73 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:19 pm

Ohhhh, Kate, haven't we ALL put on a little over the Christmas season??!!!! It's so hard with all the great food & drinkies!!! For me it is, anyway!

shaz73

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:21 pm

yes way too many yummies out there shaz!
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:26 pm

hiya shaz
welcome to the forum :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby shaz73 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:28 pm

Hey Corolla Chick.

Where in Tassie are you from?

Thanks for the welcome. :D

shaz73

Postby corolla_chick » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:38 pm

hey shaz - im from the nwcoast :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Next

Return to Introductions