It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Free Newsletter

feel so down

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

feel so down

Postby kidz05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:17 pm

i know i dont come here often enough for some of you to know who i am but i feel comfortable coming here when i need to vent, need help, or need to celebrate. well today i am feeling so low, frustrated, and stressed. you see 6 months ago i lost my job and have recently run o out of unemployment benefits and now here it is another pay period with only my husbands income to keep us afloat. i feel so totally responsible for this mess that we are in and my husband tries to assure me that it is not my fault. there is one good thing happening today. i have an interview with a local hospital. im trying to see this as a positive thing but then i think well this is my 3rd interview in 2 weeks and nothing came of the other 2. please pray that i stay in the healthy eating mode today and dont let this get to me too much. thanks for listening.

Postby CrimsonThunder » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:15 am

Have you tried going to Centerlink they have lots of options available.
- Stevo

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:54 am

It sucks having to look for work doesn't it! I can't tell you how many interviews I have been to over the years, and how many rejections I have had :shock: Don't worry about all the others you have been to... they are over now and those interviewers were absolute morons for not giving you the job! Forget about them, they are not worth your time and energy, just focus on the opportunity that you have been given today. They obviously saw something good in your resume and job application... they like you already :D Just go in there with a positive attitude and a big smile on your face and SHOW them why you are absolutely the best person for the job, and why they'd be crazy to hire anyone else! Good luck :wink:

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:01 am

oh! i know what its like to live month to month one one salary. my fiance is paid monthly. it is hard i can totally sympathise with you. we were living in a mouse infested house at one stage and we had about 10 mice running around us of a night. we used to ring both of our families and see who would invite us over for dinner that week. but you know what? you will get through it. it was after i had finished my course in child care and was looking for a job and i sent resumes everywhere! and went for interviews.

before you know it you will be living comfortablely again. hang tight and jump on here whenever you feel the need ;)

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:49 pm

like sarah said this could be the job for you. Hope all goes well, time can change things quickly before you know it you could have the job, extra money, be loosing weight and be on top of the world. Stay postive and it will happen. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:03 pm

rejection is definitely hard to take. Try going for a walk or something to clear your head and burn off some of the anger!! Or if not, treat yourself to something like a bubble bath.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:22 pm

We're on monthly pay too. I hate living one paycheck to the next!

Stick with it, it will get better, you will find your dream job, and all this will be a thing of the past.

Postby Lolly » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:09 pm

We struggled all last year to get rid of "the dirty dozen" - we had to have a sense of humour about our debts or our sanity would have been severly tested at times.

I hope you got that job today - remember a positive attitude in an interview is always a plus - and if you don't get the job, it is not something personal - it is purely a business decision by a company who doesn't really know you.

Above all, keep looking - your perfect job will be there for you.

Oh and Centrelink are one of THE worst government departments to deal with - along with the CSA :roll:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

Postby Pepper » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:33 am

Try and stay positive. And maybe look at it (as I used to) every rejection is one less you'll get before you get to the ONE "you've got the job"! :wink: It will happen, you just have to hang in there and tell yourself you are so worth it! It is hard and your confidence does take a beating, but if you allow yourself to get down about it too much, it will show on your face in the next interview, and you don't want to do that.

Remember to walk with your head held high, and SMILE like you own the world, and before you know it, YOU WILL (well almost!).

Good luck and go get em' girlfriend. :wink:
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.

Return to Introductions