It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Free Newsletter

About time I introduce myself...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

About time I introduce myself...

Postby Kulaia » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:06 pm

Hey guys I thought it was about time I introduced myself.
Well my name is Mel and I’m 16. I have decided that it’s time I change the way I eat and live, I joined the forum as extra motivation, which I certainly need.
Basically I have 38kgs to shed by my 18th Birthday, which is in April 2008. I am determined to do this, and I thank everyone for their inspiration and encouragement on this board :D
Kulaia

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:17 pm

HI mel
lovely to have you with us- you will find lots of great supportive people here to help you on your way :) my birthday is in april too :) im a taurean! best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:47 pm

Hey Mel glad to see you are making the right choice to do something about your weight now While you are young , because from an old timer like me at "36" it certainly gets harder with age :lol:

look forward to seeing you loose your weight and feel fantastic by your 18th birthday.

welcome aboard

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:45 pm

Hey Mel good luck with the journey - and don't forget to come here for support, info etc.

*ahem* Slimmin - you cannot possibly be old - you are a year younger than me and I am NOT old yet :twisted:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:47 pm

HI Mel and welcome to the forums
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:55 pm

Hey Mel!! Welcome to the forum!!! I am glad that you have made your intro!! We are a nutty bunch here (as you no doubt already know!!), but we are here to support you through your journey!! All the best darl, and don't be afraid to ask questions and jump in when you are ready!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Kulaia » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, good luck to each and every one of you on your journey. :D
Kulaia

Postby shaz73 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi Mel & welcome!

You'll get lots of support & inspiration here. They're a great bunch of people here! Looking forward to reading your posts & losing weight with you girl!

Shaz :D
Proud Mum of 4 - it's the best job I've ever had!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgt4vP2/]
shaz73

Postby tree » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:36 am

Hi Mel, wWelcome to the forum. A significant birthday is a great target to have. I am sure you will get there if you make a plan and stick to it.
have a think about some mini goals along the way eg first 10kg, getting to doulble digits etc. It really helps to celebrate the small successes on the way - that way the big goal does not get to overwhelming.

You will find lots of people on the forum to chat with that offer loads of support and great ideas for you to help you on your way.

Good Luck!
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Postby tiffanyp » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:09 pm

Hey Mel,
Good luck with your weight loss journey. Someone is always here for you! Stay positive and believe in yourself....

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 pm

Hello Mel and welcome to the forum.

It is fantastic you are taking your health seriously whilst you are young it is a great habit to set up for life. Well done for setting a realistic goal to aim for. Feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable and sing out if you need anything.

Best wishes for your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:08 pm

hi Mel (nice name!)

welcome to the forum. Just wondering how you went with your goal???
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby sanjo47 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi all, this is my first time on this website. I have been trying to lose weight for years but it keeps finding me time & again. Just a little bit about myself - I am ex South Aussie & have lived in Sydney for 36 years. Love Aussie Rules (North Adelaide & Adelaide Crows naturally!! but do have a soft spot for the Swans - because of hubby but that is another story), cricket, tennis, reading & doing crosswords.
As mentioned before I have been trying to lose weight. This year I have decided this is it!! I have type 2 diabetes but at the present time it is diet controlled for which I am thankful. I made the decision on 22 January 2007(my daughter's 29th birthday) to really do something about it. I am now watching what I eat, keeping record of what I eat & am going to the local swimming pool to do water exercises that my physiotherapist has given me.
I weighed in at 108.750kg on 14 January & last week my weight was 104.350kg. I actually belong to a support group but thought I needed an extra incentive., so here I am!!
I will be joining in on the weekly weigh section, so hopefully you will see more of my postings & my weight coming down.

Bye for now.
sanjo47

Postby slimmindown » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Hey there Jane, welcome aboard, sounds like you have started to do all the right things. look forward to seeing all your progress 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby pato » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Hi Mel welcome great to see u are doing something about your weight I was a big teenager and it wasn't easy you know with the whole boy thing and most of my friends where smaller, So love to be on this journey with you
pato

Next

Return to Introductions