It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Back on the forum

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Back on the forum

Postby workinprogress » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name's Kristina and I was posting on the forum a few months ago. I stopped posting here for a while because I had a lot of issues happening that affected me and my weightloss efforts and I felt detached and embarrassed to come on here and tell you all how I've failed after I'd been going well.

I'm back on here because I know that this is a great support base and vital to stay on track. You guys were so great to me before and I look forward to reading your posts. It's hard to stay motivated on your own.

I've been a bit down lately, especially in regards to body image. Looking back I realise that I've come so far but I still feel like I've got so long to go. My highest weight was 74kg, I felt really crappy and always tired then. I'm now 63kg and my lowest that I have been in years (I'm 22, can't ever remember being 63kg). My goal weight is 55kg, looking at the numbers it doesn't sound like much but I'm baffled as to why I always sabotage myself so I never get there. I really want to know what it feels like to be 55kg because I've never been there in my adult life.

I got down to 61kg last year when I was posting, felt really good. It's amazing how 2kg can make such a difference. I feel frumpy and out of shape now :(

I'm going back to calorie counting again and moderate exercise as thats what worked for me before. I hope that I can lose it this time, just atleast to know what it feels like to be thin and not have hang ups about weight. I'm sick of feeling this way.

Thanks to all that read this. Sorry if I'm too depressing :(

'When you stop hurting your body, your body will stop hurting you.'

Kristina
workinprogress

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:02 am

hi kristina

lovely to see you back, dont let anything stop you achieve your goals. im sure with some encouragment you will get there. take it nice and slow- and you will be there before you know it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 am

Hi Kristina....welcome back to the forum!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:44 am

Hi kristina and welcome back
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Pinkie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:54 am

Hi Kristina! Good on you for coming back. This will help you stay focussed and achieve your goal in no time. My thoughts are similar to yours, I'd like to achieve my weight goal too as I don't think I've ever been in the healthy weight range in my adult life. It's something to really aspire to isn't it?
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby macasgirl4eva » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Kristina 8)

Believe me I know exactly how you feel. I struggle with that inner voice that says 'why can't I eat _____*insert bad food of your choice or even several here*? Why do I have to battle with my weight at every turn?

I guess I help myself through those times where I can be a bit self sabotaging with thinking of how good it feels as a result of losing the weight. How energetic I am, how well clothes fit etc etc. Rather than focus on what I am missing out on.

Hope that helps :D

Kepp up the good work, and keep posting 8)
macasgirl4eva

Postby workinprogress » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks to all for your supportive comments, I love this forum as it's so welcoming and positive. You guys are an inspiration through your weightloss efforts, thanks again :)

'When you stop hurting your body, your body will stop hurting you.'

Kristina
workinprogress

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi Kristina and welcome back.

Remember to pat yourself on the back for your achievements, you have done a great job so far. I think when you get down the road a bit on this journey it is easy to forget what you have achieved and the hard work you have put in to get there.

Keep at it and I don't think you have failed at all. Best of luck. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions