It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Here's hoping this time I do it!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Here's hoping this time I do it!

Postby Chubby Zebra » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:04 am

Hello gorgeous girls,

I've been looking at this forum for a week or so, working up the courage to join, then figuring out how to work the ticker (not sure I've done it right; suppose we'll see today!), and finally working up even more courage to write a post.

Like most of you I have tried so many times before to lose weight. Somtimes I have done it and sometimes I've fallen of the wagon within a few days or weeks (more often than not it's only hours!!). No matter how much I lose though I always put it back on.

At the moment I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and have been feeling really emotional and teary about it for a while now. Last week I went shopping to try and lift my spirits, because I was feeling so frumpy and fat and decided to spruce up my wardrobe and be more glamorous. Unfortunately the trip had the opposite effect as I was repeatedly disappointed at how awful everything looked, the fact that nothing fit me and also bcause I kept catching glimpses of myself in the mirrors under the flourescent lights- horrifying :cry: When my fiance got home that night I was feeling so fragile and sad that I burst into tears straight away. He was wonderful, as he always is- very supportive and loving- but I keep thinking about what a let down I must be to him and how he must secretly wish that I was thinner.

When I met Julian I was about 10 kgs lighter and felt much better about myself, even though that weight was still 10kg over my goal. Since we've been together though we have been bad influences on each other and have eaten out a lot, ordered in and generally been extravagent. Also, I know that for me exercise is the vital ingredient and I haven't done any since we've been together- it's far too tempting to stay in bed in the mornings and snuggle up than get up and go to the gym.

Now that we are engaged I have decided to really committ myself to getting healthy and losing this extra weight. I've just turned 31 in the past few weeks and we're planning our wedding for December this year. So now my vow to myself is that I am going to take control of my health and get in shape. It's important to me to look beautiful on my wedding day, but it's more important to me that I am happy and healthy and full of life in order to give everything I can to my future husband and the family we'll have together one day.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I've enjoyed reading all of yours and am impressed by how supportive you all are of each other and of the dedication and committment you each show in your own weight loss journeys.

So, here's hoping this time I do it- once and for all! :wink:

Anj.
Chubby Zebra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBX0VOs/]
[/url]
Chubby Zebra

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 am

HI anj welcome :)

another bride to be hey! we have a few of you guys here already trying to shift the kilos before the big day. take care and best wishes for your weightloss journey :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Simmy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:16 am

Hi Anj. Its great that after a week you have taken the step to sign up. On here you will find lots of suport and encouragement. Maybe try one of the challenges - they always help spur you along!
Simmy

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi Anj and welcome to the forums
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:24 pm

hey welcome along to the forums and congratulations on the engagement :)
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi Anj and welcome to the forum...glad you plucked up the courage to join!! Feel free to join in where you would like to!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello Anj and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and you have given yourself plenty of time if you stay focused. Join in wherever you are comfortable.

I wish you all the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:16 pm

oh and i dont think tom is a gorgeous girl haha
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:12 pm

Hey Anj

Good on you for plucking up the courage to post - that is the first big step - but one of the hardest...

There are so many brides to be around here, I might have to start looking for "crazy aunty wedding outfits" and gatecrash all these weddings - just post what food you are having and the time, date and place and I will be there :lol:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:14 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:oh and i dont think tom is a gorgeous girl haha

But I'm gorgeous on the inside. :)

Welcome to the forums!
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:22 pm

...and a girl?
kate_turner2000

Postby Pepper » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi there CZ,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!! Keep at it, I know you'll make (as every woman does regardless of her weight) a beeeeeeeeeeeautiful bride. :wink:

There are some wonderful people here (girls and boys) each with their own story, but all with a common goal, to lose weight. There is much encouragement and inspiration that we can all give to each other, and it's good to have you on board.

Pepper
P.S. North Fitzroy gal huh?? I grew up there;great area (everything so close) and wow...it has gotten so trendy since I was running around its (once quiet) streets!!! :)
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:12 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:...and a girl?

Nope >_>
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby wantanewme » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi Anji, and welcome to the forum. Congrates on your upcoming wedding in December. You diffently gave yourself time to lose it.
wantanewme

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:23 am

Welcome to the forum Anj :D Best wishes for your upcoming wedding. You sound really focussed so I am positive that you will be looking and feeling just stunning by then! Making the decision to start is the hardest part I think, but once you've started you won't look back :D
SarahC

Next

Return to Introductions