It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Free Newsletter

Are You New And Do You Need Help?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Are You New And Do You Need Help?

Postby nini » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi , Im new to this site, and i definitely need help.
only 2years back , i had a body that was an example for others, even my life style. i walked alot, i was very active.i was a sensible eater.
i was very happy.
i was in a reationship for 4 years, got married. some how i got bored from every aspect of life. even my partner. we moved to a new place, where i had to start from a scratch.
had no friends here. partner was v busy in his job. i was becoming more sedantory, and an emotional eater. :roll:
my weight creeped up slowly, but still wasnt too bad. then i got pregnant, during my last 2months of pregnancy , i gained 12kgs. :|
with baby im too busy to look after my self. my relationship with my partner is fine now, as a baby is involved , but in sexual terms , its bad. :oops:
and now im so conscious of my body that i even dont want my partner to look at me when im naked..
my tummy is bulging,a big bulge. plus i have strech marks( as if only bulge wasnt bad enough). :evil:
now my hubby keep on telling me about my body that how it looked a few years back. i dont like photos taken of me anymore.
now my dd is 4months and i have already joined a gym but when ever i have weighed my self , not much diffrence. so i have lost interest in gym and excercise.
i want to start dieting, but as i said i have become an emotional eater. which is not helpful in dieting at all. infact , THIS IS MOST TERRIBLE THING EVER HAPPENEND TO ME.even when i see a good body girl , i eat alot. dont judge me but its really bad, god knows how im coping, less dieting itself.
now im thinking about dieting really seriously , plus will see if i can get a personal trainer to motivate me...but i know i wont be able to afford any. :oops:
and i want to loose 13 to 15 kgs ... and i desperately needs support and help.
nini

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi nini, welcome to the forum!
It certainly is a hard thing to do, but the main thing is that you start doing something good for you. Try and get back into the exercise - even if you're not seeing the results immediately on the scales, it will be doing you good. And as for the food stuff, just make little changes over time. Don't be too hard on yourself for the emotional eating - it's a coping strategy you found that worked at some point, so you're still using it. Try and find some other ways to cope with your emotions so there's some balance - being on here is a good start, so you can get some support from likeminded people!
All the best!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Princess_Lissa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:27 pm

My first post! New member here!
Last edited by Shalimar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
Princess_Lissa

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:54 pm

this is a help section so alot of people wont see your posts, feel free to start a new topic and introduce yourselves :)
Jisgone

Postby Beautiful Dreamer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:00 pm

che wrote:can you help me to do the same then, cos i can't figure it out!

Can someone help me as well? I can't seem to figure it out either! I've checked the FAQ's and it says that I need to add a signature, but when I go into User Control Panel, there isn't anywhere for me to add one. I'd like to add a Weight Ticker etc to the end of my posts. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssse can someone help?????????

Thanks
:)
Beautiful Dreamer

Postby bodyforum » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:49 pm

hey m new to bodybuilding and did not completely understand the chart on display as the starter of the thread...

if u cud elaborate it for me, i'd b able to understand it better and hence gain some help..'

thanks..
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spammy sig
bodyforum

Postby Beautiful Dreamer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:13 pm

nini wrote:Hi , Im new to this site, and i definitely need help.
only 2years back , i had a body that was an example for others, even my life style. i walked alot, i was very active.i was a sensible eater.
i was very happy.
i was in a reationship for 4 years, got married. some how i got bored from every aspect of life. even my partner. we moved to a new place, where i had to start from a scratch.
had no friends here. partner was v busy in his job. i was becoming more sedantory, and an emotional eater. :roll:
my weight creeped up slowly, but still wasnt too bad. then i got pregnant, during my last 2months of pregnancy , i gained 12kgs. :|
with baby im too busy to look after my self. my relationship with my partner is fine now, as a baby is involved , but in sexual terms , its bad. :oops:
and now im so conscious of my body that i even dont want my partner to look at me when im naked..
my tummy is bulging,a big bulge. plus i have strech marks( as if only bulge wasnt bad enough). :evil:
now my hubby keep on telling me about my body that how it looked a few years back. i dont like photos taken of me anymore.
now my dd is 4months and i have already joined a gym but when ever i have weighed my self , not much diffrence. so i have lost interest in gym and excercise.
i want to start dieting, but as i said i have become an emotional eater. which is not helpful in dieting at all. infact , THIS IS MOST TERRIBLE THING EVER HAPPENEND TO ME.even when i see a good body girl , i eat alot. dont judge me but its really bad, god knows how im coping, less dieting itself.
now im thinking about dieting really seriously , plus will see if i can get a personal trainer to motivate me...but i know i wont be able to afford any. :oops:
and i want to loose 13 to 15 kgs ... and i desperately needs support and help.

Nini, I feel for you. I have never been a big eater but still seemed to put on weight, my body was in starvation mode all the time. I have just started the Censored system and even if I have a really bad day, I don't crave chocolate and things like it. So my suggestion would be to check at the Censored system and see if it is for you. I hope this helps in some way. I need to lose 40 or more kilos and I know it's going to be a long road but I need to do this for myself. You need to learn to love yourself, and not hide the person you are. Even though you are a mother, you are still a women! Don't ever forget that you deserve some alone time for yourself, whether it is going for a walk (you could even take your bub in a pram), or getting a haircut or massage. These little things give us some time to be who WE are and not what we expect ourselves to be. Just take one day at a time!

Hope this helps a little, as God knows we need help and support at the best of times, let alone times when we are down in the dumps!

Nita

:D
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to commercial site removed.

Starting weight: 114.9kgs
Current Weight: 110.1kgs
Goal weight: 65kgs
Starting Measurements: Chest: 114cms, Waist: 107cms, Hips: 127cms, Thigh: 73.5cms, Upper arm: 49cms
Current Measurements: Chest: 105cms, Waist: 103cms, Hips: 125cms, Thigh: 67cms, Upper arm: 45cms
Wk 1: -2.1kgs
Wk 2: -1.5kgs
Wk 3: +1.6kgs :(
Wk 4: -2.7kgs :)
Wk 5: -0.8kgs
Wk 6: +0.7kgs :(
My blog: http://beautifuldreamersdiary.blogspot.com/
Beautiful Dreamer

Hi everyone, am very new to this :D

Postby bundyrox » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:26 am

Hi there, am new to all this posting thing but have had it recommend by my doctor that I try Reductil.

She has given me the 15mg dose and am starting it tomorrow. Presently weigh 98kilos and am 170cm tall. Any advise or experience that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whtabrA/]
[/url] Hi there, am new to all this posting thing but have had it recommend by my doctor that I try Reductil.

She has given me the 15mg dose and am starting it tomorrow. Presently weigh 98kilos and am 170cm tall. Any advise or experience that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whtabrA/]
[/url]
bundyrox

Postby Southernlight » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie and just looking for motivation to get the job done!!
Cheers everyone,
Southernlight
Southernlight

Postby Oliviasf » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:35 pm

HI Everyone,

I've recently had a baby and need help to loose some weight to get to what I was 4 years ago. Although I only gained about 8 kg in total with baby included, I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a week (67.5kg) and lost more. Had issues with b/feeding so ate more and now I'm 1 kg up :( but... I'm still about 10 kg heavier than I was 4 years ago. Need to reach 59 kgs again.
Need some inspiration and encouragement!!
Also, anyone considering having operations like gastro bypass, I would recommend against surgery at all costs. I had to have surgery having my baby and it is hectic!! I would not go there, not worth it.
The answer is getting active, build a bit of muscle and reduce portion sizes (cutting out wrong foods of course). Surgery is not going to do that for you, sorry to be so honest, but you need to believe in yourself!!
Oliviasf
Oli
Goal is to lose another 2 kgs

Starting : 69.5 kg
Goal 65 kg - reached 5/11/09
Goal 64 kg - reached 15/01/10
Goal 62 kg - reached 30/04/10
Goal 61 kg - reached 01/06/2010
Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

Postby joseph131 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:21 am

I guess even though you are a mother just don't forget that you deserve some relaxing and alone time for yourself, take one day at a time. Little things give us time to know what we would like to do and to have and reminisce. I guess surgery is not going to do that for you.
Last edited by court on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: advertising link removed
joseph131

Postby aussielyn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi everyone,
Well I am trying soooooooo hard to lose weight, I have a host of health issues, and they all can aggravated by weight gain, Firstly I am 57 yrs young LOL, I am 165cm and weight 102kgs, this isnt my heaviest though, I guess thats one thing in my favoyr, have recently seperated form my husband of 32 yrs, and I am a big emotional eater,all issues identied with Weight Watchers and myself a few years ago.

Okay now the health issues, I have Crohns Disease and an Ileostomy, high fibre foods are NOT an option for me, grains I have to be very careful with,I also have been just diagnosed with Insulin Resistancy, I take a chemo drug everyday for my Crohns and havent had to take predisone now since 2007, also on Thyroxine.

I decided to try IsoWhey, and while I have no problem with it, I love the flavour and add fruit and yoghurt to it,I am finding now I am so tired, personally I dont think I am getting enough food (not looking for an excuse)and yes I am losing weight, but I am finding the eating plan way to resctritive.

PLease I need help so much, all advice will be heeded and appreciated in advance.
aussielyn

Postby Bean » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Hey hey, I'm brand spanking new here. 18 years old, just started losing weight again. I used to play Ice Hockey and Soccer but stopped when I moved. I eat A LOT but not much junk and I'm not as fit as I used to be. Always been a big girl, I'm not short either... not self conscious to say the least just would love to be able to lay in bed without my arm being able to rest on the side of my gut. Here for motivation... and coz Gordz told me to :lol:
Bean

Postby court » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:21 pm

hey guys sometimes people dont see your posts here cos it is the HELP section..might be better to start a thread in one of the other sections :)
court

Postby Leanne » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi

I'm new here too.

Sometimes I feel like, SO out of control with food and eating, that I think gastric banding would be a good idea. But I watched a show on it once and without exception ALL of the people who underwent the operation simply transferred their addiction to food, over to something else. That is, they all lost weight, however went on to become obsessive or addicted to other things, whether they be gambling or ciggarettes.!

I've no doubt gastric banding WOULD allow you to lose lots of weight. BUT, would it address the issue of WHY you got overweight in the first place? Without that, you will not get anywhere in the long run.

Leanne
Leanne

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions