It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Are You New And Do You Need Help?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Are You New And Do You Need Help?

Postby curvygirl » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:51 am

I am not really new but I do need help. I was here a couple of years ago and then made another come back and well who knows third time lucky I may actually do it this time. I feel my head is in the right place now and I am really excited about my journey. I would love to have some buddies to help me along the way.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Shalimar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Good on you Wendy, third time lucky and all that :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby nothing2lose » Sun May 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Okay...It's Sunday morning and I am sitting at my computer sipping my morning coffee (a must have) and, like most Sunday mornings, I am pondering my life. I am 38 years old (39 in one month and one day!). I am 165cm tall and, at the moment, I weigh 110kg. I say "at the moment" because over the past 2 years or so I went from 121kg (September 2008) to 103 kg (November 2009). But I had some help in the form of a little tablet called Reductil (as well as about three months of Lite'n'Easy). I stopped taking the Reductil in February 2010 after landing in hospital with heart palpitations. Of course it may have had nothing at all to do with the Reductil but then news came out that it had been banned in Europe due to increased risk of heart attacks. My doctor suggested I stop immediately. So I did.
Strangely enough when I threw out the tablets, my resolve went with it. I eat and I eat and I eat. Anything. Everything. And I love it. And the weight has been creeping on ever since. So right now, bluntly, I feel like crap. I feel unattractive, old, weary, miserable and out of control.
To top things off, I am trying to conceive. I have one beautiful daughter aged 8 but I can hear the biological clock ticking more loudly each day (did I tell you I am 39 in one month and one day??!!) I have PCOS and Adenoysis (endometriosis' more painful cousin). The bottom line? I have nothing2lose but everything to gain from winning this battle with weight.
And, I dont care what anyone says, it is a battle. Food is an addiction. Like any other. I know I am not alone when I confess that there are mornings that I wake up and think...What can i eat today? I like going out, for the company sure, but more because the glutton in me revels in the chance to eat. I LOVE FOOD. It really is the love of my life.
A large part of me doesnt know why I am here. I know I am not in the right mindset to change my ways (or should that be "weighs"? ) And deep down I believe I will never lose weight and I will never win this battle. I know everything there is to know about weight loss. I can talk the talk. I can even walk the walk --- for a while. Then I give up. Again and again and again. I suppose I am hoping that by writing this self indulgent rant (sorry guys!) that something might kick into gear and I might be willing to get on the roundabout again.
Guys...I need help. I need a kick up the a-r-s-e. I need to be told off and sent to my room. Because when it comes to food, I am an immature child. I cant give it up, and deep down I dont want to. I want to have my cake, eat it, and lose weight. I want to scream at the world IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S NOT FAIR, IT'S NOT FAIR. And it's not. But I know life isnt fair.
I hate that I am like this. Please yell at me.
And help me change.
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Alizezz

You should delete your advertising link. Not good form to spam to sell products. People aren't silly.

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby weddingbelle » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:34 am

hi all,
im very new to this and want to check if my ticker has loaded or not!! here's hoping!
weddingbelle

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

FatFukShrinking wrote:Alizezz

You should delete your advertising link. Not good form to spam to sell products. People aren't silly.

I deleted it for them. I'm awfully helpful like that. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:00 am

weddingbelle wrote:hi all,
im very new to this and want to check if my ticker has loaded or not!! here's hoping!

Instead of using HTML tags in angled brackets, you need to use the square brackets for bulletin board code.

Use [ img ] instead of < img > (ignore the extra space in the brackets, I had to include it or the BBCode wouldn't show up!)

So your ticker code would be, [ img ]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wqHxHni/weight.png[ /img]

Here:

Hope this helps, Weddingbelle!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby weddingbelle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:14 am

testing!!
weddingbelle

Postby anya31789 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Hey there!!....
am new to this site, was looking for a little bit of inspiration and maybe a buddy to weigh in with.
Am currently about 73kg. Would love to get down to 60kg by the start of November, ready for bikini season!!
give me some tips and some inspiration to get my ass moving....
Anya
anya31789

Postby anya31789 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 pm

anya31789

re: introductions

Postby anthonynelson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:53 pm

hello...i am new to this forum.
I need some regarding weight loss tips for my dad as he is obese and we want him to loose some extra pounds as his health is becoming worse these days.
anthonynelson

Postby chubbyme » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:30 am

Hi everyone!!
I am 18 years old and I have been chubby ever since I was 8 years old.
I got tired of being the fat kid so I lost most of it when I was 14 years old.
But I lost it the "wrong" way and now it's all back and some more :(
Now all I want is to lose it again and to physically be able to do parkour. (that is a variation of free-running for those who don't know it)
I am on the right path again :D and this time, determined to lose it the right way!
I am hoping that next summer, I will be able to do parkour and go swimming without being embarrassed about what I look like.
(I am not English so I hope you can understand it :wink: )

Good luck to all of you!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMNfx4o/]
[/url]
chubbyme

Postby christine88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi, I am new to this.. my name is Christine and i am 22yrs old.. i could ramble on about why i gained alot of my weight.. long story short lack of exercise and s***t food. I am really disappointed with myself for letting myself go.. New motivation is.. im going on a cruise on sept 26 this year and i wanna lose about 25-30 kgs before then, I currently weigh 98 kgs.. Its not just for the cruise but to be fit and healthy and to be able to wear size 12-14 in clothes again.. [b]Anyways, i need your help.. I once saw on the net somewhere that every 7 kgs i lose, i will lose a dress size.. Is this correct or not? :S [/b]
christine88

Postby jen53 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:09 am

I am new and not sure what to post.
I am an oldish woman - 57 - and have had problems from time to time with my weight, especially after two lots of breastfeeding. In the past, it was possible for me to lose the weight I had gained. But in the last few years, though, the weight has gone on for a number of medical reasons and it has stayed there. I have been trying to just cut down my food intake since the beginning of this year and have managed to lose three or four kilograms since January. But progress is slow. I have just asked my doctor for a prescription of Duromine, which I have now been taking for about a week. Even though I am on a low dose, I am finding the side effects a bit of a problem. I don't even feel safe to drive when I am taking it. But I absolutely have to lose the weight, so I really have to stay on the medication.
I will try another place to fill in my height, weight and goal weight details.
Jen53
jen53

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Jen53

Weight-loss is partly about losing weight, and partly about learning new habits in order to keep it off and stay healthy. It involves some learning, including learning not to expect instant or rapid results.

There's a website attached to this forum that has a complete set of very useful weight-loss and health articles. The forum itself is great for maintaining focus, learning, and swapping information with people trying to achieve the same goal as yourself.

One kilogram per week is the medically acceptable upper limit for weight-loss, and half that is considered fine, so don't worry too much about the rate of loss. Just ensure that the loss continues. Over time the rate of loss will slow or go faster, it may even stop for a while, but as long as you continue to do the correct things you will eventually reach your goal.

If you haven't already, I suggest you learn about the following:
* the daily energy requirements of a person (there are calculators available for this)
* Glycemic Index (GI) of foods - those with high GI may affect satiety and food cravings
* energy density of foods
* nutrition
* daily fluctuations of weight that are not related to fat loss or gain
* the role of muscle tissue in weight-loss and gain
* Food diary - this will help you keep focussed and from accidental eating

Hope to see you around. Enjoy the forum.
CronicBadger

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions