It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Free Newsletter

1st Timer, here's my plan

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

1st Timer, here's my plan

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:39 am

Hi all,
I am new here. I am 5 ft. 8 inches tall and weigh 166.5 pounds. I have been eating healthy and clean for the past few weeks and I am happy to report I lost 3.5 pounds. My goal weight is 148 pounds so I would like to lose 18.5 more pounds. I am not fat per se, I am very fit, being I am an athlete who is nearly 40. However, like everyone else we all have one goal and that is to lose weight. Here is a typical day in my life, and I am wondering if I am doing everything right? Please feel free to critique me and let me know if I need to tweak anything okay?

I EAT 1400 CALORIES EACH DAY

Breakfast:
I have plain oatmeal with water (250)
1 banana and cinnamon tossed in with a 5 almonds (150)

Snack:
1/2 fat free yogurt with 3 dried figs (110)

Lunch:
I have a sandwich with 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and 2 pieces of lowfat turkey with lettuce and green peppers (220)
1 apple (100)
1 lowfat yoplait yogurt with 5 almonds (150)

Snack:
1 apple (100)

Supper:
I extra large salad with romaine lettuce, onion, carrots, 1/2 cup salmon or tuna with 2 Tablespoons of Ranch lite, 1 piece of fruit with 5 almonds (400)

My exercise routine is 1 hr on my treadmill which is on an incline of 4.5-8.0 (I vary it daily and add bursts of jogs in between my walking to mix it up and challenge my muscles) I also walk for 5 minutes backwards on my treadmill on an incline. Then I do 75 belly blasters and leg and butt lifts. Several times a week I will also lift 5 pound weights for awhile...

Ok, this is a typical day in the life of me. How am I doing? I wish everyone reading this the best of luck in their weighloss journey.
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby Nikki_1983 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:18 am

Hey.... That sounds like a great plan.... Good luck with your weight loss journey
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSoJmIs/]
[/url]
Nikki_1983

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:29 am

It sounds like you're doing great and have it all figured out!! The eating plan looks good to me :) :) Good work on the treadmill too - I've never tried walking on it backwards!!!!

Good luck, and if there's anything else we can help you with let us know :)

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:08 am

Thank you nikki and also zeedeveelgirl javascript:emoticon('8)')
It is nice to know I am not alone on this website. I was on a different website for a few weeks and it was an australian website too, however now It seems as if the website forum has vanished, because for reason unbeknowenst to me, I can not log onto it anymore and that really sucks because I was checking in on it several times a day.

I can pull up the page, but when I click on the forum, it says their is a problem with the server and denied! Urghhh very frustrated. Have you had any problems like that before?? I sent an e-mail to the forum administrator today too, but of course I haven't had any reply back.

I am not sure how many pounds each of you lost thus far being, being you weigh in a lil different than we do. So can you translate into pounds for me, just so I know HOW WELL you both are doing?

I was hoping I would have lost more than 3.5 pounds being I am bustin my butt so to speak, but slow & steady is good I suppose. I think I am gaining more muscle though, or so it seems.

I just don't understand when most people go on a diet they lose like 10 pounds in 1 week and they always say it is water weight weight. Well..... to that I say is why don't I have water weight??? With all the water I drink in a day, I swear I would lose weight just walking back and forth to the bathroom all day long!!!!! Dontcha think?
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:21 am

Hiya :)

You're definitely not alone here!! Everyone is great, really supportive and full of great advice :) I'm a personal trainer and a massage therapist, so if you ever have any queries about exercise/muscles etc then just let me know and I'd be more than happy to help!!

Not sure what's wrong with that other forum!?! Maybe they're doing some maintenance on it?? That's very weird, hopefully it comes back up soon!!

Seeing as you weigh in pounds, where are you from? Are you from the US? Where abouts??

When I decided to lose weight I was 84.8kg which is 186.95lbs. Now I weigh 66.4kg which is 146.39lbs. My goal weight is 60kg which is 132.28lbs. Hope this puts it into perspective a bit more for you :)

Slow and steady is definitely the best way to do it! Don't be frustrated that you haven't lost a huge amount yet, it will come off and you won't be left with saggy skin!!! Different people react to healthy eating differently, so I wouldn't worry about it :) :)
You're right about the constant walking to the toilet and back!! I usually drink about 4L (approx 1 Gallon) of water in a day!! I feel gross if I drink less!!

By the way, here is a great website for converting kilograms to pounds etc -
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks zeedeveelgirl! Yes I am from the US, the state of Minnesota to be exact.

Very cool that your a personal trainer and massage therapist. I give freebie massages to all our friends, I so wanted to become one of those myself being I have super strong hands, but instead I own my own business.

According to your calculations you lost 40 some pounds since December is that correct? Holy shamoly girl, what is your secret weapon to lose it so fast? DANG, I am sooooo JEALOUS!

Do you think I am eating enough to loose weight with all my working out? I always worry about that. 2 weeks ago I was only eating 1200, so now I bumped it up this week to 1400. I haven't been hungry eating this amount, so I am hoping it is enough? I try to eat a bit of protein at each meal, to keep my muscle.

As far as walking backwards on a treadmill (on incline) it is a total upper thigh front and back workout for sure! I have a super tiny waist but I carry my excess on my hips, thighs, and booty! In the past year and a half, I packed on 22 pounds. So hence this is why I am on the road to DE-CHUB! I have yo-yo dieted all my life. But this time I hope that I figure out a way to do this for the rest of my life. I am an exercise FREAK, I have worked out all my life, so that helps. Now that 40 is approaching, my metabolism is super slow it seems.... Oh the joys of getting older.

If you have any tips for me to follow being your a personal trainer, I'd love to hear some. I like to mix my exercise up sometimes to, so somedays I will do some kickboxing or tapdancing too just for good measure..

Where abouts are you from?
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:30 pm

Ah excellent :) What kind of business do you run!? I would love to run my own business one day! My bosses only started up the group personal training studio I work at in July so I've been watching how they do it :)

Oooh no, it's taken me a lot longer to lose the weight than from December :P I joined up here in December! But basically 2 years ago, in January 2005, I joined up to Weight Watchers and lost 18kg (approx 40lb), I kind of plateaued at that point and just kept eating healthily, exercising, following points etc. Then in June last year over a few months I managed to put on 6kg (13lb) of that back on, just by being slack, nibbling and snacking between meals wayyyy too much (it's one of my biggest problems!!). So in October last year I decided I needed to stop being so damn slack and get back on the wagon!!! So since mid October last year I lost those 13lb that I regained and I've lost a few extra as well. And now I'm determined to lose more :)
Sorry that was so long, it's a bit of a long story!! haha :P

You can double check that you're eating enough calories here:
http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... ulator.htm
I'd say seeing as you do an hour exercise a day, you could definitely get away with eating 1500cal.

It definitely helps, being an exercise freak!!! When I first started losing weight I NEVER thought I'd like exercise. But when I joined a gym in August 2005 I got absolutely hooked and have never looked back!!!
I love kickboxing, it's great fun :D Do you have a mountain bike or something you can ride? That's a good thing to throw in the mix just for something different!!
Sounds like you've got a great interval-training program going on the treadmill though, you mix it up a lot which is very important!!!

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:39 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Slow and steady is the best way to weightloss plus the longer it takes the more you are instilling good eating and exercise habits into your life. 3.5 lbs is great and you should feel proud of that. Don't worry what others do we are all different and our bodies react differently.

Your plan looks great, keep at it. If you find your body getting used to the exercise you can mix it up a little but no need to change anything if it is all working for you....as they say if it aint broke, don't fix it.

I also started out on 1200 calories and as I increased my exercise I found I got a bit hungry so I increased it to 1400 and found that was just right.

Feel free to join in any of the challenges and sing out if you have any questions.

Best of luck with your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby CrimsonThunder » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:47 pm

evilwomaniamshe wrote:Thank you nikki and also zeedeveelgirl javascript:emoticon('8)')
It is nice to know I am not alone on this website. I was on a different website for a few weeks and it was an australian website too, however now It seems as if the website forum has vanished, because for reason unbeknowenst to me, I can not log onto it anymore and that really sucks because I was checking in on it several times a day.
I can pull up the page, but when I click on the forum, it says their is a problem with the server and denied! Urghhh very frustrated. Have you had any problems like that before?? I sent an e-mail to the forum administrator today too, but of course I haven't had any reply back.

That could be many things, the Admin could be changing the forums over, installing new stuff. Could also have deleted a file accidentally.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi evil woman,
could be a range of things. Firstly, you said at the start you are not really fat per se and as I'm no good in pounds, I can't instantly transfer your weight to a size in my head :oops: . When people are quite overweight,. the weight tends to come off very quickly to start because there is so much of it to drag around you are actually using more energy to just drag your butt around. As you get closer to goal, most people find it slows down dramatically - I've been stuck on 75kg for a good while now.

Also, if you have increased your exercise you might but puting on musle which weighs more.

Either way, the good living is sure to improve your health!!

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions