It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:00 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby josiebellabirdie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi everyone

I am a first time poster who, like you all am trying to lose weight and have been for a loooooooong time.

I have been on that many diets it is not funny and still I am about the same weight that I was 10 years ago (about 95kg). Being 5'2" you can just imagine what this is like :wink:

Anyway, have decided to give it one last go. Want to lose about 30-40kgs. I have been thinking about using the CSIRO wellbeing diet as it has some great recipies in there and I have heard mainly positive things about it. Anybody got any opinions about this diet?
josiebellabirdie

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:41 pm

Hello Josie and welcome to the forum.

I can imagine how you feel at 5'2" as I am the same height. Although I started out at 85kgs I reckon I was up around the 90kgs mark before that going by old photos. It's great to have you aboard.

There are a couple of forum members on the CSIRO plan I believe so they may have more advice/info to offer than me.

Join in wherever you feel comfortable and sing out if you have any questions.

I wish you every success on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi there Josie and welcome to the forum!!

Don't feel alone as I am a shortie too!! I haven't had anything to do with the CSIRO plan, but I wish you every success with it.

Feel free to jump in where you would like to!! Keep us updated on your progress!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby josiebellabirdie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Thanks for that KimE. I look forward to getting advice from everyone. I have always tried to lose weight on my own. I am glad that I have found a forum to get advice and support.
josiebellabirdie

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi Josie & welcome aboard

I too have tried to do the weight loss thing on my own before...tried and failed.

Although it's only early days yet for me this time feels different...one of the reasons is the support and encouragement you can find in this forum...it is a great thing to have behind you as you tackle the weight loss mountain.

One of the hard things about doing it on your own is feeling that you are the only one to experience the things you experience...the only one to have cravings, the only one to feel like crap and turn to food for comfort and then feel like you've blown it and can't succeed, the only one to be in a constant battle with food etc. Knowing that there are other people who have experienced or are experiencing the exact same things is really comforting. Knowing they won't judge you but will offer you the benefit of their experiences and/or a helpful hint to get you back on the weight loss train is even more comforting.

I have a long way to go with my weight loss (I'd say close to 80kgs) but I feel that this time I'm going to be successful due, in part, to having so many people willing to help me along the way.

I hope you get as much out of the forums as I have. We're all here to help each other and the more the merrier :)
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Hey there

I have been posting here for almost a month (I think). Usually I have given up by this stage but with the support here I have motivation and the down times are not that long - I think being accountable to these guys helps heaps :lol:

Oh and you are NOT short - I am SHORT - I am only 4ft 7in so don't complain about being short in my presence or I may have to bite ya kneecaps :twisted:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:16 pm

welcome josie and best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby josiebellabirdie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks everybody. It is really great knowing that I have your support. And btw I don't think I am that short :wink: I am one of the tallest girls on my mother's side of the family (which must tell you how short they are!!)
josiebellabirdie

Postby SarahC » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:32 pm

Welcome to the forum Josie. I'm 5'3" (well 160cm anyway)... it depends who I'm standing next to whether that's short or tall :lol: I don't know much about CSIRO apart from that it contains a lot of meat, so I hope you like meat! It seems to work really well from what I have heard. Best wishes :D
SarahC

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Welcome to Weightloss. ;)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi Josie and welcome to the forum
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:24 am

Welcome josie
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:45 am

Hi Josie,
I am happy to hop on the welcome wagon with warm greetings too, so welcome to the forum Girl! Question away anything, you will get answers and different views from us all, we are full of support. I wish you success in you weighloss journey......
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby Pepper » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 am

[center]Image
JOSIE[/center]

Hey Josie you got an extra 2 inches on me! If you think 5'2 and 95kg looks funny, well let's just say I'm 5'0 and a whole LOT heavier than that! :oops: :oops:

But it can and does come off, you just have to keep at it and little by little make it all count toward a "new" you. :D

And you know, you don't have to do it on your own....I'm here for you Josie, WE'RE ALL HERE for you (and each other) so TOGETHER ......we're gonna kick butt right? :wink:
[center]
Image[/center]
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby Simmy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi Josie and welcome! I have tried the CSIRO before (although I'm just doing my own thing atm). It's a good plan to follow if you're not sure on what to eat. The only bad thing is it can get a little expensive with all the meat!
Simmy

Next

Return to Introductions