It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 am

Free Newsletter

Nervous, But Ready

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Nervous, But Ready

Postby sharmie » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:01 pm

:oops: I've been searching and searching for an Australian weightloss forum for 18months now, all I could fins were American ones and I would check out the meal plans and there would be heaps of foods that I had never even heard of! Its been really frustrating and I am so glad that i finally found a board where I'll be able to know what everyone is talking about. I'm 19 years old and weigh 93kg which is like 205lbs. My Bmi is about 34 which is very obese and I suffer from PCOS. I got engaged a coupple of months ago and for christmas my fiance and I are planning on visiting his parents in the UAE. I would really love to get down to a healthy weight before we leave in early december. Being a part time student and working at Maccas doesn't help my weight but i have lost 3kgs since last June which is better than nothing! I don't know what or how much i should be eating, at the moment i really only eat twice a day depending on when i work, which is really bad i know, any help would be much appreciated! :)
sharmie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi sharmie
welcome and im glad you found somewhere you like- you will fit in fine here. i am too a pcos sufferer- if you look around the forum there is a topic on PCOS that we started so if you want to chat about it you can. however im a firm believer that even though it has its ups and downs i dont believe in blaming it for not losing weight. so put it in the back of your mind and use it as a challenge to help you overcome it when those kilos start dropping off. have a look around the forum and find out what everyone else is doing- we all follow different plans here. and when you feel ready ask us some questions! maybe do a food diary of what you consume each day so we can offer you some advice etc. we are all non judgemental and we are here to support you :) take care and enjoy!
kate_turner2000

Postby Simmy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:35 pm

Im glad you've finaelly found the site you've been looking for. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Simmy

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:46 am

Welcome! :D
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:54 am

Welcome aboard Sharmie!! I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey...you will find plenty of support here.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi Sharmie and welcome!
Congrats on your loss so far, that's fantastic!! A journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step as they say. How exciting! getting engaged and a trip overseas!! I look forward to seeing you on the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:31 pm

Hello Sharmie and welcome to the forum.

Check out the home page if you haven't already as there really is a wealth of information right there. There is info, tips and tools on eating as well as diaries for food and exercise. On the forum here we also have diary sections to record food and exercise if you feel it would be helpful. Feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable.

I wish you all the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby sharmie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:12 am

:) Thanks everyone, I am sure that I am going to find all the help i need here on this forum. I posted a coupple of pics in the pictures section. I'm not sure how heavey I was in the photos but it was more than the 96kg i started trying to lose weight at! :shock:

Thank you for all the kind words, Im planning on starting a food diary today so wish me luck! :oops:
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:24 pm

Welcome Sharmie

You'll find lots of support here...and information too

My first piece of advice to you would be to eat more often. Virtually everything I've ever read about weight loss says you should eat 3-6 small meals per day to keep your metabolism up and train your body to use the energy you consume rather than store it. I know it can be hard to fit it in to a schedule but it's the way to go

Good luck
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:46 am

Welcome to the forum Sharmie! I agree, eating more frequently is the way to go, because if you leave it more than say 3 hours, your metabolism will start to shut down and you will be more likely to store that next meal you eat. I know it's hard when you're working and it's like 5 hours till your break (employers should really consider the metabolisms of their employees :roll: )... but you can only do your best.

Best wishes for your weight loss :D
SarahC

Postby originalmel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi Sharmie.

I'm just starting out too, so I'll look foward to seeing our progress!

Good luck,
Mel
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Return to Introductions