It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 am

Free Newsletter

Im nervous, excited and ready! (i think!)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Im nervous, excited and ready! (i think!)

Postby nyz » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Nyz - Im 18 and im sick of being fat. Ive decided that the only thing in my life that isnt making me happy in my life is my body. im sick of buying size 16's. Im sick of trying to convince myself that im not big, and then crying when i see photos that have been taken of myself. Im sick of worrying about my weight so much - sick of feeling like crap everytime i go shopping. So I'm here, and im going to need all the support i can get. This year i have moved from Australia to Vietnam to do volunteer teaching. So far ive been helped by the fact that i am eating alot of stirfrys, vegies etc. I have been trying to walk everyday. Im scared that this could actually happen but cant wait. Im excited that when i go home at the end of the year, friends and family will notice that i am not only healthier, but more confident and happy. I want that so badly. I hope we can support each other as I am by myself over here but support on this forum is going to help alot. Hope i can offer support for you to. Would love to hear your stories and cant wait to help each other...this is it! Thanks for reading.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:38 pm

welcome nyz :) you have come to the right place for support. wow what an experience in vietnam! we have one of our members who is a dr over there at the moment :) feel free to join in when and where you feel comfortable and best wishes for your weightloss.

Postby lollilova » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi Nyz,

Welcome! you will find everyone here so helpfull and friendly and I'm sure that by the end of the year you will find the New You that you want.

Good luck for your journey and good on you for making a difference in the world by teaching in Vietnam. I think that is so brave!

Let us know of your progress and we are all behind you.

Bianca x

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:07 pm

Welcome Nyz and thanks for being so honest. Change IS scary because it means you have to re-evaluate everything you previously thought was ok and try to find a new way of doing things. The good thing is that with each little step things will get more familiar and you will feel more comfortable about your new way of doing things or more comfortable recognising that in fact you need to try something else again!
I look forward to seeing you on the forum
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi Nyz and welcome to the forum!! What a buzz to be in vietnam! I am sure that with your continued healthy eating and exercise you will shed that 21kg in no time!!! Good on you for taking control of weight, you will find plenty of support here!

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:17 pm

Hello Nyz and welcome to the forum.

What a great experience working in Vietnam and thanks for sharing your story with us. I know what you mean about being excited when friends and family see you again and see the difference. I still get a kick out of that when I meet up with ppl who haven't seen me in a while. It is a great feeling and with the fantastic attitude you have I am sure you will surprise everyone. Join in on any of the challenges and diaries where you want to.

All the best for your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Simmy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:42 pm

Wow- what a fantastic experience to teach in Vietnam! Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your journey to the new you~!

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:44 pm

HI there and welcome to the forums
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby sharmie » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:56 am

what an awesome experience it will be teaching in vietnam, it is spose to be a very beautiful country and people. i'm sure that with all the healthy stirfrys you'll be eating and walking you'll be doing that the weight will be gone in no time. The thought of losing all the weight may be a bit scary ( i know it kinda scares me) but think of all the things you can gain and it makes it all worth it. Good luck with it, an hopefully you'll fall in love with all th ehalthy stuff you'll be eating over there you be cooking the same stuff when you get back! :wink:
Sharmie :wink:

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:05 pm

hi there, welcome to the forum. I have recently joined too, and I totally understand what you mean about being a little scared of losing the weight, I'm not sure why we're scared though?

anyway, this forum has made me feel really confident in my decision to lose weight, because of the support it offers. So I hope you can get all the support you need too, and can lose all those extra kg's!

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."

Return to Introductions