It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Hi there, let me introduce myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi there, let me introduce myself

Postby Annonline » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 am

Hello there. My name is Anne and I have been looking at these forums for quite a while before deciding to join in. It is truly inspirational to hear your stories and I totally understand your struggles as I have had weight problems.
My heaviest weight was 121 kgs and at that point feeling absolutely at rock bottom decided nobody was going to help me but me.
I'm sure if you have been at that weight as I was, you know the struggles I faced. I could only shop at certain shops where the clothes still looked terrible on me no matter what I tried. I had no energy and felt so self conscious with everyone I came into contact with.
I didn't really have a plan, just a goal to reduce my weight and keep it off permanently. I looked at my portion sizes and the kinds of food I was eating, checked all the food labels for fat and energy content. I'd like to say I had a scientific plan but in truth I didn't, it was simply a reduction in the amounts I ate. I also began walking every morning, nothing too strenuous at first.
I won't deny it was difficult, but the rewards outweighed the degree of difficulty. I always had the end goal in sight but also always had in my mind that it was impossible too,. Sounds a little like a contradiction I know, but I don't think I believed I could achieve it until I did.
My goal was 70 kgs, when I reached 86 kgs, I joined a gym. I was reluctant as I had never pushed myself that hard before but I knew it was important long term to do this. I have been a member for 18 months and absolutely love the time I spend there. Not a junkie, but I do feel the benefits absolutely.
I now maintain my weight between 70-75 kgs. This is sometimes more difficult than losing weight. I always thought it would somehow be easier but it's so easy to slip back into bad habits. I feel fantastic, fit and so much healthier with incredible energy. It took me 12 months to lose 50 kgs.
I have drawn inspiration from here, if I can help anyone or receive help, that will be fantastic. You can all achieve your goals and live your life with renewed energy and do things you've only dreamt about!
Cheers,
Anne
Annonline

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:37 am

What a lovely story of achievement and determination Anne. Thankyou for sharing your story with us. Welcome to the forum.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:28 am

hi anne welcome to the group :) well done on your achievements- it sounds like you are more of a confident lady now :) well done
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi Anne! thanks for sharing your success with us, it's always inspriing to see other's who have reached their goals.!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby tess88 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi Anne,
What a wonderful journey you went on! I love the gym too, its so much fun sweating it out! I love hearing ppl's inspirational stories!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8skjZ/]
[/url]
tess88

Postby Simmy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:23 pm

It's always fantastic to hear others stories - and what an inspirational one! Welcome to the forum. :)
Simmy

Postby Lolly » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 pm

WOW 50kg in a year that is an amazing effort - and doing it by yourself just makes it even more amazing.

If I didn't have the support from here I would probably be at Maccas every day :oops:

Congrats - now the fun part starts - MAINTENANCE :lol:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi Anne and welcome to the group . What an inspriational story
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby KimE » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:29 pm

Hello Anne and welcome to the forum.

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us and a big CONGRATS on your weightloss what a great achievement.

This forum has set up a maintenance thread to recognise that once at goal the journey is not over. That way we get to stick around and share our new experiences with others and help out where we can. Being on maintenance myself I know what you mean about thinking it would be easy, I have the reverse problem now and that is to make sure I eat enough so I don't continue to lose weight. Great to have you here.

All the best on your maintenance journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions