It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Free Newsletter

hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hello

Postby aslack » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:10 am

Hello All,

My name is Andy and I wanted to say thank you for such a great forum.

I have been reading the posts for some weeks now, but thought it was finally time to introduce myself and say hello.

I work at my computer all day and due to this I have recently added a few (understatement made here) kilo’s to my weight.

Scanning the internet for a solution (other than exercise more and eat less, which I have already tried so many times before) I have found a few products which say they can help.

Most have Hoodia in them, and we have all heard the horror stories about that type of product, however I have recently found a product called proactol (http://www.proactol.com) the secondary reason for this post other than to introduce myself was to ask if anybody has tried this product, can anyone backup what their website claims?

It’s possible I’m kidding myself that a pill can help me, and most of the posts on this forum suggest that, but maybe just maybe.

Thanks for you time in reading my first post, I hope this is the first of many here.

Andy
aslack

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:31 am

Welcome aboard Andy - we all have the same goals here - to lose weight. You will find great advice from the people on this board - and if you want more inspiration check out the before and after photos :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Lolly » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:46 am

Hey Andy

I too have to sit at a desk all day for my job - and it has taken its toll on my weight as well - I looked at pills and the side effects very carefully BEFORE I started losing weight and found that the best way is to eat healthy and try and get some gentle exercise a few times a week.

So far, this is working well for me :D

At work now, I don't sit all the time, I spend some of the day wandering attatched to my headset as well lol

Also, when everyone orders their lunch, I walk to the shop and pick it all up for them - it is only 1 block away but that is better than not moving for the whole 8 hours I am at work.

I have also managed to do some exercise outside of work hours - only 30 mins at a go but I now look forward to that time.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Jisgone » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:54 am

welcome along andy :) i read in a magazine the other day that its illegal to bring products containing hoodia into australia, as its becoming endangered in the country where it is grown
best of luck with whichever way you choose to lose it, were doing all kinds of different things on this site!
Jisgone

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:05 pm

Welcome Andy. :D
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:13 pm

If your legitimate welcome, if you are here to post your website, I don't think any of us are INTERESTED!
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:43 pm

welcome andy best wishes for your journey :)
kate_turner2000

Postby aslack » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks for you replies guys, nice to be welcomed so well to a nice forum :) Hopfully I will find someone who has tried this product :)
aslack

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:37 am

Hi Andy and welcome.

I also work at a desk during the day (am pretty well chained to it). I get my exercise every day by cycling to and from work. Whatever decision you make, I wish you the best of luck!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby SarahC » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi Andy. Welcome to the forum! Sorry I haven't tried the products you have mentioned. I have heard of Hoodia mainly due to the barrage of annoying email spam :evil: I believe that is an appetite suppressant. Not sure about the other you mentioned. I tried an appetite supressant one time before called Agel FIT... I found that it did suppress my hunger for a while, but it came back threefold :shock: I eat for reasons other than hunger, so it wasn't the right product for me.

I think diet and excercise are the best way to go. You won't lose weight without them!! Pills can assist, but the bottom line is that you have to change your diet and excercise :roll:

I work at a desk all day long too... errrr! I go to the gym before work, and always make sure I go for a walk at lunchtime. Sometimes I take a walk after dinner as well.

Good luck finding what works for you :D
SarahC

Postby slimmindown » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:29 pm

Welcome aboard Andy, good luck with your weight loss journey 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Andy and welcome aboard the forum!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Hello Andy and welcome to the forum.

Can't help you with the pill thing, I'm a exercise and eat better gal. Notice I didn't say eat less...I have found by eating better quality food I don't have to eat less or go hungry...that may be something to think on.

All the best with whatever you choose, remember do what works for you. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions