It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 am

Free Newsletter

Hi All

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi All

Postby Kerrie28 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:20 pm

I just thought I'd take this opportunity to say hello. This is the first time I have ever been involved in a forum of any kind so if I tend to waffle on and sound a bit amatuerish I apologise! I have struggled with my weight for what seems like decades (I turn 30 next Sunday). After the birth of my second child I went through a bit of a black patch and just kept eating. Then I decided to try and lose weight by going to the local gym and using a personal trainer who would record my weight loss and give me motivation etc, etc, etc. I just found that it would make me feel embarassed and ashamed if I had put on anything. This made the process stressful and If I ate one thing bad I thought well stuff it I might as well eat the whole packet! So I've decided that I'm not doing anymore diets (tried heaps same shame spiral) and I am just going to try and eat healthily and move more. Seems to be working so far. I just felt like I needed motivation to keep going and thought a forum would be a perfect medium. Anyways, I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and learning from you and sharing my own stories (I know I've already written a novel!!)

Thanks,

Keep on smiling

Kerrie28
Keep on smiling,

Kerrie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYQsA0H/]
[/url]
Kerrie28

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:39 am

Hi Kerrie and welcome to the forum!! You have the winning formula there as you are correct when you say diets don't work!! Keep up the great work and I look forward to reading your progress!!

Join in where you feel comfortable to do so and check out the February Challenge (in the Challenge section) and yoin in!!

All the best Kerrie!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:29 am

hi kerrie- waffle all you like :) welcoem to the group- feel free to post when and where you like. and i hope you feel welcomed and supported whilst here :) best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:32 am

Hi kerrie and welcome! Waffling is completely allowed at this forum!! The shame thing is a killer hey. I used to just eat the whole packet of X bad thing and then go out and buy another packet and eat it down to where the old one was just so no-one would know :roll:

It's good to be accountable...to yourself!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sharmie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:30 pm

welcome! I too am a bit of a waffler when it comes to poasting on forums, but like Butterfly_Dawn said nobody here seems to mind! good luck with your goals, I'm sure that you will find all the support you could want right here!

Sharmie :wink:
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby Kerrie28 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:47 pm

Thankyou everyone for all your warm welcomes. I have been reading a lot of posts in the other sections and everyone is so supportive and encouraging it is really heartwarming to see. Thanks and I look forward to sharing experiences with you all.

Thanks again,

Keep on Smiling. :D
Keep on smiling,

Kerrie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYQsA0H/]
[/url]
Kerrie28

Postby SarahC » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Kerrie! I too am about to turn 30 (in a couple of months time).. how scary :shock:

Sounds like you are onto a winner there with the healthy diet and excercise. Keep up the good work! See you around the boards :D
SarahC

Postby slimmindown » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:39 pm

Hey there kerrie, waffling is a pre requisite for this forum :lol: ,we all like a good chin wag,sounds like you are going about this all the right way, it certainly is a lifestyle change that will stay with you forever ,not a diet, you are going to go great guns. Welcome aboard 8) 8) 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Hay Kerrie - welcome aboard!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:02 pm

HI Kerrie welcome to the forum!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Hello Kerrie and welcome to the group.

Well done on your loss so far, looks like you are on the right track.

Join in wherever you feel comfortable and you will see we are wafflers here too. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions