It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

A newbie in need

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A newbie in need

Postby red_carpetdancing » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57 am

Hi everyone!

I guess my story is similar to many - I've been overweight for as long as I can remember, on a diet so long I can't remember not being on a diet, tried everything only to end up heavier than before and now stuck at a point where I'm not sure what to do next!

I recently lost someone very close to me and have put on about 12kgs taking me up to 97kgs. About six weeks ago I decided to have a goal of running a half-marathon in May (agghh!!), I have been training three times a week (running no less!) and yet have not dropped any weight. I won't make the half-marathon in May but there is another in September so I guess I'll go for that one?!?!? I am now trying to better with my eating but I feel like all I can eat is lettuce otherwise I'll put on weight! I truly am the person who looks at something fatty and it goes on!

I feel like I'm the only one going through this but then I found this forum and was drawing so much information and motivation from others that I would like to join!

I look forward to meeting people on a similar journey!

Thanks for listening/reading!
Freya
red_carpetdancing

Postby Justjudy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:38 am

Freya
Welcome to the forum! I too am new so it is nice to meet you. Just remember that you have to eat to lose. I now don't eat it unless I really want it and I try not to eat it unless it is going to give my body something ( and I don't mean fat). Chin up, it can only get better from here.
Be good :)
Judy
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:58 am

hi freya nice to meet you. may is a long way away so im sure you can get it together in time :) try not to think of it as a 'diet' but change your eating and exercise habits for life and your weight will just slip off! best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Freya and welcome! Isn't it annoying how all those lovely creamy rich tasty treats just want to stick themselves to your bum if you only look at them sideways!!! I know they do for me :roll:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Kerrie28 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi Freya,

I'm new as well and the thought of trying to lose weight can seem so overwhelming. I used to think in terms of oh my god I have 20kgs to lose so now I'm trying to focus on being healthy and thinking in terms of one day at a time. Good Luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Keep on smiling.

Kerrie
Keep on smiling,

Kerrie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYQsA0H/]
[/url]
Kerrie28

Postby slimmindown » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Welcome freya, sounds like you are getting into some serious traiing for a marathon, it makes my eyes pop just thinking about it, welll done.

i'm sure you'll get there whether in time for May or Sept, as long as you feel good about yourself and your exercise, and what you eat on a daily basis, the rest will take care of itself.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of someone close to you ,exercise and taking care of yourself will hopefully help a little and make you feel a bit brighter :)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby originalmel » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi Freya,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. i hope you can use it as inspiration to become a healthy and happier person...

I posted something in the excercise section of this forum that may be of interest to you. It's in the excercise talk section and the subject name is 'fat burning excercise'. I'm not sure how to paste the link but maybe someone else can fill me in?

Anyway, good luck to you. I have just joined up and i have about 27kg's to lose, so i know how you feel!!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby SarahC » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:40 am

Welcome Freya! The marathon training sounds great, you must be really fit :D I love running too, it is great! Just can't do too much of it as I get a sore knee :( Best wishes for your weight loss.. see you around the boards!
SarahC

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:00 pm

HI Freya and welcome to the forum....best wishes with your marathon!! YOu will find plenty of support here!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi Freya and welcome aboard.

Good luck with the marathon training, you will get to where you want to in time.
:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions