It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:35 am

Free Newsletter

Canberra newbie and just starting Ultralite AGAIN!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Canberra newbie and just starting Ultralite AGAIN!

Postby qwerky » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:30 am

Hi all

I'm Virginia and I live in Canberra and I'm 46 years old. I weigh 93.7 today, but on Sunday I was 95.1. Yesterday I signed up for the Ultralite program for the second time - the first was in 2002 when I lost 3.5kgs in two weeks, which I though was very good given I didn't do any exercise.

But I found all the weighing tedious, and I couldn't eat with my then partner because I didn't know precisely how much food if I doubled a meal and then shared it because every tiny piece of carrot and broccoli is important!

Realistically I don't think I will continue with the official programme after the three weeks is up (I only signed up for three weeks), but I'll follow a plan that allows for 40gms of carb a day, using my copious number of low carb recipe books, and I'll do it that way. For me, it has to be manageable for life; I don't want to risk putting everything back on.

My goal? To be 66kgs by 1 December when my husband and I are going to his graduation ball from staff college.

Are there any others in Canberra or nearby that would like to join me in a weight loss challenge? Or an online one would be fine too!

Hope you're all going well in your weight loss journeys, and I'm so glad to give and receive support and encouragement!
cheers
Virginia :D
The greatest gain will come when I lose weight. It will be no loss to me.
qwerky

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 am

hi virginia
welcome to the group. dont know a lot about the ultralite programme. does it involve shakes? im not in canberra but my dads ashes are spread at the vietnam war memorial :) so we sometimes make a trip down there. my sister also used to live there as her hubby is a warrent officer and they lived in duntroon.

well thats me and my connections to canberra- love it down there. best wishes for your programme and hopefully you will be at your goal weight for your hubbys graduation :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 am

Hay Virginia - welcome aboard. Best of luck with Ultralite - I am a Jenny Craig girl - actually there so many different diets on this site - it is interesting to read how everyone is going.

This is a great site - enjoy :lol:

Sassy
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:59 am

Hi Virginia and welcome to the forum! I wish you all the best in achieving your weight loss goals! Feel free to join in where you would like to.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi Virginia and welcome!
well done on your loss so far!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Wow, well done!

Postby qwerky » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:55 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Hi Virginia and welcome!
well done on your loss so far!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I have about the same amount to lose as you. How have you done it? I'd love to know.

cheers
Virginia
qwerky

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi Virginia, and welcome to the forum. I have never been down the Ultralight road, and don't know much about it, more an eat sensibly and excercise kind of girl. Whatever works for you is great. Congrats on the loss so far, a great start.
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby slimmindown » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:08 pm

Welcome aboard Virginia, its great to have a goal to work towards the 1st of December sounds like it will be lots of fun.

look forward to seeing all your progress :D :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:13 pm

Hiya Virginia and welcome aboard.

Find what works for you, stick to it and you will get to your goal.

All the best and feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby qwerky » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:52 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:hi virginia
welcome to the group. dont know a lot about the ultralite programme. does it involve shakes? im not in canberra but my dads ashes are spread at the vietnam war memorial :) so we sometimes make a trip down there. my sister also used to live there as her hubby is a warrent officer and they lived in duntroon.

well thats me and my connections to canberra- love it down there. best wishes for your programme and hopefully you will be at your goal weight for your hubbys graduation :)

Hi Kate

I'm glad that you like Canberra, many people don't (including many who live here!) Thank you for your good wishes, and I look forward to contributing on this site!

cheers
Virginia
qwerky

Thank you all for your warm welcomes!

Postby qwerky » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:58 pm

Hi there

Thank you all for giving me such a warm welcome to the Weight Loss message board. It certainly helps knowing I'm not alone in this process. There are SO many hiccups along the way - I'm only into day 2, and we went to the pictures tonight (to see Miss Potter, it was brilliant!) Of course my husband wanted a choc top AND peanut M&Ms. I had to make do with my mineral water. Exciting, NOT!

Anyway, I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end, on 1 December this year when I can wear my figure hugging ball dress with pride!

I'm going to have fun exploring this site. At least while I'm doing that and typing, I can't be eating at the same time! LOL
Virginia
qwerky

Postby SarahC » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:44 am

Welcome to the forum Virginia :D Sounds like you have a great goal there to work towards... events like that can be so motivating! Three weeks of the Ultralite sounds great, just enough time to break the old habits and form new ones :wink: Hope it all goes well for you!
SarahC

Return to Introductions