It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Free Newsletter

A Tasmanian girl happy to find this forum!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A Tasmanian girl happy to find this forum!

Postby Lexi_Louise » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:56 am

Hi everyone, Lexi from Tas here.

This forum looks so supportive and is just what i am looking for.........i have been on a 'healthy eating' plan for about 12 months now and initially lost about 5 kg (started at 84kg)........however i think i have been kidding myself for the last 6 months that the weight loss will just keep happening ........even though i'm eating too much! I have been rationalising the eating with the fact that i love my gym classes and do RPM bout 5 times a week. BUT.......i'm still taking in too much food which means i'm not losing weight!

What brought me to this forum was the last 2 weeks i have not been feeling myself and have had some time off work to rest. This resting has made me feel bad bout myself and my body and i've been constantly emotionally eating.

Reading through the posts has been really encouraging......i feel like i'm not alone in my 'battle'.......and that has given me the wake-up that i've been waiting for! Losing weight wont just happen.....and it CERTAINLY wont happen if i keep up this constant snacking.....

Its upto ME to get in control of the situation......to be nicer to myself..... to encourage myself........i WANT to lose weight and with all your support i will be off to a great start!

:D
I want to get out into the world.......NOW!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wi1Qi0O/]
Lexi_Louise

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:02 am

Hi Lexi and welcome to the forum. You are correct that it is up to you to lose the weight!! Having support just makes it so much easier to know that you are not alone! I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your progress!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:05 am

Hi Lexi and welcome to the forum.

You do need to find that right balance between energy in and energy out to lose weight. And although it is as simple as less energy in than what you put out working that through on a realistic and practical level can be difficult. Also the quality of you food can make a difference so you may need to have a good look at your intake and portion size.

Personally I don't emotionally eat, I emotionally clean! :D If I am upset I clean, although I do on occasion eat from boredom. That just seems to be less and less these days as I have plenty to keep me busy. Others on the forum are emotional eaters and may be able to offer advice on how to tackle this. My only suggestion is to try to find out why you are eating and work on that instead of just the eating part. Not much help I know.

Anyway welcome aboard and all the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Lexi_Louise » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks for the speedy welcome girls! yes KimE i guess the emotional eating is only the symptom and i will put some thought into how to manage this for a long term solution.
:)

Lexi_Louise

Postby Justjudy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:47 am

Welcome Lexi. :D I too tend to be an emotional eater :oops: but with hard work you can overcome it. :) You are right, it can only be up to you, but it does help if you surround yourself with support. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:59 am

hey lexi welcome

its hard sometimes when we have down days but dont let them get to you. it sounds like you have steadily been losing weight this past year and with the support from the forum im sure you will continue to lose the weight :) best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi Lexi and welcome!! Well done on your loss so far!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lexi_Louise » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:33 am

Thanks everyone..........Day 2 of new start today! :)

Lexi_Louise

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:54 am

A big welcome to you :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Simmy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi Lexi! I can certainly relate to being an emotional eater. I USED to use food for every emotion angry, happy, sad, you name it! It has been through this forum that I have learnt the steps to take to kick this habit to the side walk! Start with small goals. My first one was to say no to seconds. What went on my plate when I served was it. (and yes initially I tried to cram a bit more on it than normal - but soon realised I was cheating myself). After a while going back for seconds isn't a drama. Then start on your next goal (mine was controlling my portion size then). I hope this helps, and welcome to the forum!
Simmy

Postby SarahC » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:25 pm

Welcome to the forum Lexi :D I'm another of the emotional eaters... mostly boredom or anxiety/nerves, mixed in with a bit of pure habit!! There's heaps of strategies been mentioned on the forum, it's just a matter of figuring out what works for you :wink:
SarahC

Postby Lexi_Louise » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:53 am

Thank you to all you emotional eaters who have given me your perspectives.........First Ticker weigh in this morning and my new start seems to be working!

Lexi

Lexi_Louise

Return to Introductions