It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Free Newsletter

new to the block...Just to say hi

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new to the block...Just to say hi

Postby Chelle » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi my name is Richelle im from Port Macquarie I'm 23 years old. Married to Warren we just had our 5 year wedding ann.. last weekend. I have 2 beautifull boyz Joshua 4 & Braydon 2.

When I had my first child I thought why try & loose any weight when i'm going to have another baby soon so I left it until I had my second child. I was always scared of what the scales would tell me I didn't even own a pair of scales until a couple of years ago!!! A little while ago I decided to cut the fat get the courage go to the shops & face my demons. I bought some scales & toped 96KG I cried I knew I was over weight but I think I didn't care at the time. So I tried to lose so weight lost about 10 KG then I hit a brick wall when my oldest child was sick of walking so It was hard when I work nights & my husband worked days I don't have any family around to look after my children. so it made it very hard to loose weight. I recieved a phone call from the gym if I wanted to join I thought what are the chance this is my calling I thought I can finally loose weight without the hassel of my oldest child complaining!! So I joined & I haven't looked back. I finally have (me time) I lost just over 20KG but just over xmas I put on 5KG I found it hard to go to the gym or losse weight when I wasn't finishing work in between 2:30 - 4 in the morning then getting up to 2 children I was so tied to exercise I gave it a break for a while. Now getting back to the gym to recover what I had gained & to loose more!!!!
starting weight 96 KG Got to 74 KG just put on 5KG Goal 65 - 70KG

So I though I will join this forum & get some talking advice from others who go through the exact same feeling & emotions as I have go through & finally I can share what & know what helped me & I can learn from you guys to help me reach my goal weight :!:

Thanks 4 reading :!: :D
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:31 am

Hi Richelle and welcome to the forum!
Sounds like you have a full schedule! Well done for your weight loss so far. Don't beat yourself p too much about a gain over Christmas - I'm sure you can get there again and hopefully you can learn from some of your mistakes so that next Christmas is better!!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:36 am

hi richelle welcome to the forum

i can relate with having a baby and so on. but the best thing is to not let it become a excuse and get out there and work our butts off! LOL you have done well so far and more often than not most of us put on weight over the xmas period. im sure if you get back into doing whatever it was you were doing before you will shed those kilos once again. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby lollilova » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi richelle,

Good luck with your journey! You sure are trying hard, just keep positive and keep going.

I can also relate to having 1 baby and thinking why bother losing weight when another is just around the corner. I now have a nearly 2 year old and 3 and a half month old and there are no excuses! (Its pretty sad when you realise you are out of excuses ha? lol)

I am sure your boys give you heaps of trouble, and you run around after them all day but its good that you use the gym as 'you time'. Its needed!

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Simmy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi Richelle, well I can't relate to having a baby! But I can join in welcoming you to the forum. :)
Simmy

Postby Justjudy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi Richelle, welcome to the forum :lol: I can relate to being a busy, out of time mum. Finding time to excercise can be difficult and stressful at times, but where there is a will there is a way. Keep up the good work :!:
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:52 am

Welcome to the forum Richelle!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Richelle and welcome to the forum.

Sorry missed this one earlier.

Well done on your weightloss to date you have done a fantastic job. You obviously have found what works for you so just keep on keeping on and you will get to your goal.

All the best. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Introductions