It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 am

Free Newsletter

New Person Lookng for tips

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby macasgirl4eva » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi Monica,

Congratulations on your first 3kgs, sounds like you are in the right headspace for some more weightloss to follow. I thought I might include some tips 'n' tricks that helped me lose my weight, and is still helping me keep it off. Take what you like out of it and adapt to suit yourself :)

Personally I'm not a calorie counting kinda gal, in the past I did WeightWatchers (15kg loss in appox 6months, put it all back on within 2years *lol*)

In my experience of that diet/lifestlye (perhaps because of the intense focus on numbers) I tended to 'rort the system' by eating bad foods to the limit and points reducing so I could binge drink on the weekends :oops: , although it did give me a good starting point knowledge wise on what was 'good' and what was 'bad' food-wide.

Sadly the end result was I really screwed with my metabolism and when I stopped 'dieting' I was unable to maintain my goal weight.

This time when I was researching the best healthy lifestyle choice for myself a friend put me onto body for life (http://www.bodyforlife.com) if you want to check it out. This 'diet' in perfect for me because, I don't know about you but I need my carbs, so any restrictive plans were out.

Although I don't follow the exercise plan to the letter I fould the core prinicples of:
:arrow: Interval training (cardio), and weight training (resistance)
:arrow: Water, water and more water (no jokes it is the BEST thing you can do for your body)
:arrow: Six small meals a day to boost your metabolism and avoid 'starvation response',
:arrow: Combination of protein and carbs in each instance,
:arrow: Balanced eating with fruit vegies and essential fats, to be a winner.

This way there is no weighing, calorie counting or general fussing around and you get swept up in providing your body with the best 'fuel' you can which helps change the focus on eating. And the training can be adapted to suit yourself.

Anyway mate, sorry to rave on and on, hope some of that at least was useful

Goodluck!
macasgirl4eva

Postby bluebox451 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 pm

I agree. Body for life is fantastic. You can really see your body change. The training is very hard but very rewarding too. :D I guess you only get out what you put in as the old saying goes. Other methods of weight training are fine too as long as you are not "cruising' through the workout as many people seem to do in the gym.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Previous

Return to Introductions