It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:23 am

Free Newsletter

Sneaking In

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Sneaking In

Postby Looking4theREALme » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:30 pm

Hello everyone

I am a newbie on here

Im not one for talking about myself but here goes...

I am a stay at home mummy to 7 great kids 13 down to 2

I work from home, which I love and have a fantastic hubby!

My biggest regret in life is my weight! I feel discust, sad, unpset, angrey, frustrated, depressed and fed up!

I have around 30-35 kilos to lose and it seems so very overwhelming

This is why I am here!

I am currently on week 1 of Ultra Lite and intend on doing that for 5 weeks and then will make a decision whether to continue on it or go it along

I feel like I just need that boost to start me off

My first question is how do i get me one of them little tickers? lol

I look forward to getting to know you all and joining you on this hard but no doubt worthwhile journey!
Looking4theREALme

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:00 pm

Hi Kylie, I'm so glad you decided to join The Weightloss Forum.
Gosh you must be a hard working mum with all of those children to take care of.
We have a Jodi and a Jodie here who have 5 children too, gosh and I thought I had my hands full with just 3.

To make yourself a ticker graph, you just click on anyones ticker graph and you will instantly be taken to the correct site.
Then you just follow the directions given and at the end of it you will see your graph in several different codes. Just select, copy then paste the bbCode to your message here then hit the submit button.
I usually just keep clicking the back button at the top left of the screen untill I'm back here at the forum.

Alternatively you can go to http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/t ... signer.php (which works in fractions of a kilo lost)
or
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php (which is prettier but only works in whole kilos lost)
Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:07 pm

Welcome Kylie . With at little help from our friends here even the biggest amount is easier with the motivation . I also have 25 kg to lose . It does sound huge but all good things take time so they say . Hope to see u around the boards
Cheers jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Hi Kylie

Postby Ed » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:04 am

Hi Kylie,

welcome aboard.

While 35 kilos does sound a lot and must seem a lot to you, I think weight loss is like eating an elephant. Have you heard the old saying, "How do you eat an elephant?"

The answer is "one bite at a time!"

It might be easier for you to think of your weight loss goals in smaller chunks.

For example, instead of stating your goal as losing 35 kilos, which may at first seem daunting, why not state your goal as losing 5 kilos?

Once you've achieved that, then have another goal to lose another 5 kilos and so on until you reach your ultimate goal.

Once again, welcome aboard and I look forward to reading about your achievements and how you accomplished them.

Good luck.

Ed. :D
Ed

Postby Looking4theREALme » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:28 pm

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome

This site is helping already - when I feel like I want to eat I come on here and look around instead..... then I feel like I cant encourage others to succeed if I am not! - that stops me reaching for the junk!

I think I have worked my ticker out - thanks Dolly
I have put the code in my message - if it doesnt work I will try again! I am not very computer literate some days! LOL

And I think I will try ed's suggestion of the 5 kilos lots.

The hardest thing about having the 7 kiddies is having all their fav snacks in the house! But I am quite strict with how much they eat of that sort of stuff and I am not going to deny them all together.. I just gotta be STRONG!

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who replied!!
Looking4theREALme

Postby yglee » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:17 am

Hello Everyone,
My name is Yuvette, I am new to this site. Have never posted to a forum and not sure how to navigate through this one. I need help with this please. I am 42 yrs old, 142lbs not sure how many kg that is but I'm sure its a lot. I live in Norther California, USA. I am a compulsive overeater. I walk about 3 miles/day on a treadmill in order to eat as much as I want during the day. Please someone give me some advice on how to stop the madness. My diet consisted of today, Breakfast: chocolate cake, can pringle chips, peanuts, pepsi Lunch: barbque ribs, candied yams and corn bread. I will be going home soon from work, not sure what damage I will do when I get home. I would like to loose at least 12lbs. Any advice would be great .
yglee

Welcome Yuvette

Postby Ed » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:00 am

Hi Yuvette, welcome aboard.

FYI, 1 pound equals around about a half a kilo (0.454 kilos to be exact).

Therefore at 142 pounds, you weight approximately 65 kilos which isn't extremely heavy if you are about average height.

Congratulations on your level of exercise, but it is a pitty that you are not taking advantage of all your hard work by eating poorly.

If I were you, I would start off by modifying my breakfast. While chocolate cake is great taste wise, it is a terrible breakfast choice.

Why not try a whole-grain cereal or even a mixture of good-tasting cereals with very bland but healthy cereal.

Add a slice or two of fruit toast and a small glass of fruit juice and you are well on your way.

Once you have your breakfast sorted out, then you can start to look at your lunch and dinner options and see if there are some things that you can either eliminate altogether, or reduce your weekly intake of.

Many of us fall into the trap of thinking that because we're exercising we can eat what we like. Fortunately for you, doing this hasn't caused you to be excessively overweight, but if you reduce or have to stop exercising for any reason (like an injury for example) your current eating habits will see you pack on extra weight very quickly.

If you enjoy sweet food, that's OK, particularly if you are exercising everyday. But instead of eating them all day, everyday, you might try reserving them as a treat every now and again.

Remember, because you are asking so much of your body during exercise, it needs healthy nutritious foods.

Again, welcome aboard, good luck with your goals and I look forward to reading about your transformation into a happier, healthier person in the coming weeks and months.

Ed. :D
Ed

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi Looking4the Realme,

Thank you for your kind words the other day when I was a bit down you gave me a real boost. :D

7 Children :shock: wow, thats amazing how do you manage?

I'm glad you have decided to join us on this forum. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 pm

Welcome yuvette,

We are all on a weightloss journey and give each other heaps of motivation.

I don't think chocolate cake, chips and peanuts is a good way to start the day. You could try some good quality cereal or eggs (not fried) with some fruit or even some yoghurt.

For Lunch or Dinner try some steamed veggies with chicken or steak or a stirfry just to get you started and you should drink at least 2 litres of water a day. :D

Good Luck
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:59 pm

Hi Yuvette, welcome to the forum.
You must be experiencing fall there while we're experiencieng our spring weather. I tried to put up a conversion calculator for you but my computer is playing up at the moment, will try again later.

Just jump in and post a message any time any place.
someone here is bound to reply to it. :D
Dolly

Postby yglee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:26 am

Thanks to you all for welcoming me to the site. I am usually in denial about my eating habbits but felt the need to try and get some advice from others. I am really not sure how I even came across this site, but I'm glad I did. Like I said, I exercise so that I can eat whatevery I want, but I really would like to change the way I eat in order to improve my body image. I am 5'4, 142lbs (65kgs?) would like to loose a few and definitely tone up, especially my lower body. I just don't know where or how to start and since I have never had to be accountable to anyone for anything it makes starting just that much more difficult. I want to say, I will start trying to make small changes on Monday, but why wait, there is no better time than today. :D
[/url][/list][/list]
yglee

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:43 am

Hi Yuvette,
Here are a couple of conversion calculators that might help you
Calories to Kilojoules - http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/tools/converter.asp

Pounds to Kilograms - http://www.manuelsweb.com/kg_lbs.htm

but you can go ahead and lose your weight in pounds. When I weigh-in with eDiets they always expected me to convert to their weight language but here we just use ticker graphs so you can just put down pounds if you wish so you can understand it.

To make a ticker graph just click on anyones tickerfactory graph and follow the instructions, then copy and paste the bbCode to your post here.

Journaling your food daily here on True Stories really is an eye opener to what we actually eat. Just jump in and start posting. There's also a thread that we use to post our exercise on, just browse the forum and hop in anywhere :D
hugs
Dolly

Return to Introductions