It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:33 am

Free Newsletter

Hello everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello everyone

Postby tess » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 pm

I'm very new to using forums and the like but I need some motivation. I'm a 38 year old married mother of 4. I now weigh 88kg and I'm not at all comfortable with it. I would love to lose at least 18kg.
My husband had heart surgery last year and it has made me realise how unhealthy we are. My husband is going OK at the moment, however he also finds it hard to get motivated.
I'm hoping that if I can lose weight, he will too! I've bought a treadmill and some new shoes and I'm ready for action.
I have a wedding to go to in September this year and I'm planning on looking fabulous.
Lets hope it works this time??

Postby Shelli » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi Tess!

I'm new too. I bought a treadmill at the end of last year too. I used it for a few weeks religiously, then hurt my ankle.

When that was better I used it again and got a really bad flu for a couple of week. When that was better, I started having a fluid retention problem in my feet (just too much weight I tihink) and haven't been able to use it.

I hope, after the next couple of weeks to be able to get back on and use it every night. Grab the MP3 player or watch TV, it's actually fun, and it feels so good afterwards!

All the best to your husband and good luck!!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 am

Image Tess

we have another tess here too :) i live not that far from maitland- well im on lake macquarie :) welcome to the group and it sounds to me like you are in the right frame of mind to shed that weight and become a healthier and happier you. best wishes and if you need anything sing out. join in the challenges and weigh ins if you like too :)

Postby tess88 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:09 am

Another Tess!!
How exciting, its not the most common name!!
Good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do it!

Postby Justjudy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 am

Welcome Tess :D Looking forward to supporting you on your journey. You have made a great start, now keep it going.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:43 am

Hi Tess and welcome to the forum.

Good on you for making the decision to get healthier. I too am 38 and now I think I look better and am certainly healthier than I did at 18...except for the wrinkles that are slowly setting in. :roll:

Have a good look around the site and feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable.

All the best with your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:42 am

HI Tess and welcome to the forum!! Congrats on your purchase of shoes and a treadmill!! Happy stepping!! I hope that you can encourage your hubby to join you!!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:48 am

Hi Tess and welcome to the forum! the forums are not too hard to get the hang of and if you need a hand just ask!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions