It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Free Newsletter

I should officially introduce myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I should officially introduce myself

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:41 pm

Hey everyone,

Your amazing enthusiasm and the positive energy of this forum has turned from a 'lurker' to a member as I begin my weight loss journey.

I am currently 72.5kg and want to shed about 13 kg to get me under 60kg. My first goal is to get to 67kg so I am just within the healthy weight range for my height (164cm).

I have gained and lost and gained and lost and gained a lot of weight over the years, swinging between 53kg and 75kg over the past 5 years! I have a wardrobe full of size eights to size 14s and everything in between. Extremely unhealthy, I know.

It's time to get down to a healthy weight and stay there, once and for all. It used to be so easy to shed 4kg - I would just step up the exercise a bit for a month and it would come off so easily. Now it's just not the same!

I've always been quite physically active (hiking, martial arts, jogging, walking) and I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight, but now I've found that's just not the case! Welcome to your mid-thirties... and like so many other people, I also lead a very sedentary work life (hello computer).

I was always a thin child, teenager and all the way through to my mid twenties (always under 54kg) and so it's still kind of shocking to find myself offically overweight. :shock: I don't have kids yet (that's on the cards for the future - but have to get healthier first) and am married to a gorgeous man who loves me whatever size I am.

I will continue to exercise regularly and battle the sugar monster while enjoying your stories, support and collective knowledge.

Thanks for listening to my story

Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:45 pm

Image hey there sandra

lovely to meet you finally :) im sure with lots of determination and support you will reach your goal once and for all. im sure there are a few people here who also yo yo with their weight- im one of them! best wishes and feel free to join in when and where you feel comfortable

p.s. im scared of hitting my 30's now (even thought its 8 years away!)

Postby electrongirl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi Sandra,

You sound like you've been through the same as me!!

I have been up and down in weight for about 10 years. (check out my before & after pics post)

I have gone from 54ish to 90kg and back again multiple times!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby Sassygirl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:35 pm

Hello! You are about the same weight as me at the moment - I too would love to get to 67 as a first step - so fingers crossed that we both make it!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Postby Justjudy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:05 pm

Welcome Sandra. I can honestly say that the support you will receive here is only the best. :D Good luck, am looking forward to seeing your numbers getting lower and lower.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Postby KimE » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:37 pm

Hello Sandra and welcome aboard.

We are a friendly bunch and there are plenty of exercise challenges to join in with if you feel comfortable.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby milkyway » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:55 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone... it's great to know there is support there and people with similar yo-yo experiences.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby slimmindown » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:07 pm

Hey there Sandra, welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey. There is so much support here that you cant fail :D

look forward to seeing all your progress 8) 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:44 am

Hi Sandra and welcome! Patterns are hard to change, perhaps you could look back and ask yourself what prompted each return to weight gain in the past...then learn from it!
Good luck with it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions