It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:54 am

Free Newsletter

here goes!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

here goes!!

Postby wen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:15 pm

Hi all

My name is Wendy. I am a stay at home mum of two Mr almost 4 and Miss 16mnths. I have been thinking of my weight almost 24/7 lately (especially when I am eating something I know I shouldnt!) I have around 30kg I would like to lose.

I have always struggled with weight, even thought I am tall and can hide it somewhat, I am never happy with myself. I weighed in at 74kg when I met my husband and at 5'10" I looked great (if I do say so myself), but over time that has crept back up (and down) and I am now at 108kg :oops: . I lost quite a bit of weight after my first pregnancy and was down to 94kg, but then I got pregnant again. This time I am heavier than I have ever been.

I am still breastfeeding and convince myself that I cant 'diet' until this has stopped. I think tonight I have come to the conclusion that I need to do something fast - this happened just after we finished our Friday night fish and chips and I felt disgusting! I think I am going to look into doing the Ultra Lite program again as it was this that helped me lose 12kg in 5 weeks when Mr 4 was 16mths. I know its a bit quick, but I think if I make this start, it might motivate me to get on the treadmill I bought at the begining of this year and have only been on 3 times!. Does anyone have any thoughts on Ultra Lite??

I need to do something, for me and my family. Although I must admit, I find I am really good with how I feed my kids - they eat really well and very little junk food, I just find that when I get them off to bed at around 7.30, I eat from then until I go to bed. Some form of emotional eating I guess, but I am not sure why I wait until night time. Maybe someone has some thoughts. If nothing else, this is somewhere for me to release my thoughts as my husband is a bit switched off at home, so I really have no body to share with at this time of night!! Well done to all that are well on their way to weight loss, I hope I will be joining you all soon!
wen

Postby Serena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:23 pm

Welcome Wendy! We love getting new members and this is a great place to come and share your struggles with people who know exactly how you feel. I also graze at night as I haven't been working and my partner was working till midnight so I think I just eat out of boredom and loneliness. Luckily he has just taken redundancy and will be home to keep me in line and supervise me when I do groceries so no chocolate can fall into the shopping trolley! He'll probably want to be fed properly too so I guess I'll have no excuse. Anyway, Welcome, and keep posting. Sorry I don't know much about Ultra Lite but I think this months feature article is on them if you wanted to have a look.
Serena

Postby wen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:29 pm

Thanks Serena, I'll have a look for that article! Grazing is a great way to put it!!! Chocolate isnt my vice, but just about everything savoury is!! Cheese, crackers and dip are my biggest problem. Then I might throw in an iced apple cake and cuppa for good measure and go to bed feeling ill. I think if I could get a handle on this, I could drop half the weight I want to lose without any effort. Hope to chat again soon. Have a great weekend - Wen
wen

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:51 pm

Hi Wendy, welcome to the forum. I don't know anything about Ultra Lite but I did find this Ultra Lite site that had lots of testimonial. They claim it's the best diet around. I love before and after photo's don't you?
click here - http://www.ultralite.com.au/testimonials.php

Dolly
Dolly

Welcome Wen

Postby Ed » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:07 am

Hi Wendy,

welcome aboard. I see some of the official welcoming party have already left you messages. If you are looking for support, you've come to the right place!

Eating after dinner is an all too common problem among those of us who wish to lose weight.

I often finish my evening meal and with a belly full or even over-full, find myself wanting to eat just for the sake of it an hour or so later.

For the past week, I have been implementing a new rule - no food after dinner - and it seems to be working!

Perhaps the Daily Pledge section of this forum might be useful for you to make daily promises to yourself about your food and exercise public.

With regards to Ultra Lite, they are one of the sponsors of this website so you'll find plenty of material about them here.

Check out these pages:

http://www.weightloss.com.au/Directorie ... onials.htm

http://www.weightloss.com.au/Articles/Successes.htm

With regards to your treadmill, many of us have bought exercise equipment and thought that we would lose weight simply because we did.

But we don't lose weight if we don't use it and the equipment becomes a dust collector.

The trick is to make using it a habit.

It doesn't matter how long each session is, or how intensely our workouts are, just that we use our equipment regularly.

Even starting out using it for only 5 minutes a day, everyday, gets us used to using it and helps develop a habit we can build on.

Instead of eating at night, why don't you try using your treadmill?

I saw the story of a woman who walked on her treadmill while watching Oprah everyday. This is great because she combined her workouts with something she enjoyed, that reminded her of her goal and that she did everyday.

Do you watch any show religiously between 7.30 and the time you go to bed each night?

Good luck with your weight loss journey, I look forward to reading all about your successes in the coming months and again, welcome aboard.

Ed. :D
Ed

Postby Fairie » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:30 pm

Hello Wendy and welcome to the forum. :D

I too love savoury things and it has been a constant battle to not eat after dinner even when I'm totally full. :oops:

Good Luck with your weightloss journey and keep posting. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:13 pm

Welcome Wendy . We all have our vices , mine is chocolate :oops: but there ladies and guys here give me heaps of support and wisdom and help me through it . Hope too See u around the boards
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Introductions