It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Greetings from a fat Katt

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings from a fat Katt

Postby Kindred-Katt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:46 pm

Greetings all.
I did a search for weightloss comms and found this one.
Since I am obese and trying to lose weight I thought I would join for support and inspiration.

I recently hit 150 kg. I am 180 cm tall.
I want to get my weight down to 80 to 90 kg.

I had recently given up on trying to lose weight as everything I have tired to date has failed.
I was diagnosed with poly cystic ovary syndrome about two weeks about which has shed some light on why I have just kept gaining weight all my life.

I saw my doctor on Monday and I spoke to him about my issues with trying to lose weight and the impact that it is having on my depression.
He prescribed Duromine.
Now before anyone starts, yes, I know it is not a magic bullet and that if I do not get myself to to 'good' habits while on it I will only gain the weight back once I stop.
I know all about the side effects and I am prepared for them. I am willing to suffer with the most horrible side effects if it will help start the shifting of my weight.

So, that's a bit about me.
Cheers, and see ya's around.
Katt.
When I am thin, fat will be in!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBsOI5W/]
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 am

hi katt nice to meet you. a couple of us have pcos here however its nice to know what could be contributing the the weight gain but we need to get around that and move on with losing the weight. i havent heard good things about duromine to be honest with you however different things work for different people. the most important thing is that you are making some changes to your life to become healthier and happier. best wishes and keep us updated with your progress
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 am

Welcome to the forum Katt.

Finally finding out what was the trigger for your weight gain must have left you feeling a little better about yourself. At least you can now say that it was something that was out of your control at the time. Now you will have it in your control (well kinda) and you will succeed with all the help and support from all of us.

Looking forward to being there for your journey and beyond. 8)

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Kindred-Katt » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:32 pm

Thanks guys.

I haven't heard a lot of good things about Duromine either Kate, but yeah, as you said, different thinks work for different people. :)

I am hoping now that with the right information and support I can finally get my weight down.
Being as heavy as I am is really having a negative impact on my life. Joint and back problems are the main part, but also the lack of fitness as I never have energy any more and when I do go for a walk it just causes more problems with my knees, ankles and wot not. :?
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:34 pm

we can all relate to those problems katt! the good thing is that you are doing something about your weight and you will live longer and happier and is less pain than u are in now :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Kindred-Katt » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:41 pm

Oh yeah!
My partner is sort of supportive.
He is always saying that he doesn't care how I look, he still loves me regardless, but he should care (and I think he does) about the fact that I am so obese.
He is supporting me all the way with the Duromine too. He's happy with whatever I decide so long as a) it's not going to kill me and is relatively safe and b) doesn't cost the earth! lol But I still think he would support my choices even if I chose something that cost a fortune. :)
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:31 pm

well really if you can afford it and u are going to stick to it then why not? i know a few people who have tried this and that and have paid absolute fortunes and have not stuck to it. good on u katt looking forward to reading ur progress and its good to hear that u have lots of support around u- its imperative
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:59 pm

HI Katt and welcome to the forum.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Hello Katt and welcome to the forum.

I don't know much about Duromine but I wish you well all the same.

There is heaps of info about and lots of support so feel free to jump in wherever you are comfortable.

I wish you every success on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Kindred-Katt » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:03 am

well really if you can afford it and u are going to stick to it then why not? i know a few people who have tried this and that and have paid absolute fortunes and have not stuck to it. good on u katt looking forward to reading ur progress and its good to hear that u have lots of support around u- its imperative

I'll definately be sticking with it. In the long run, I don't really have a choice. I want to live a long and healthy life (although I have a sixth sence that I'll kick is at about 78) and I want to be able to enjoy everything to the fullest.

So yeah, thanks everyone for the warm welcome and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all and getting support and advice along the way. :)[/quote]
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Postby Kindred-Katt » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:14 am

Argh! that's supposed to be seventy eight not 78)! Oh well.
And I can't seem to get the quote bit right either. Not a worry, early days. :D
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Postby Lolly » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:27 am

Hey Katt - with the exercise, get into the pool - the water will support you and it is really hard to do an injury in there!!

I go swimming quite a bit and have found it has improved my fitness immensely.

They also have aqua aerobics classes here that all the old gals go to so there is no embarrassment factor involved which is great. Except when I am trying to do laps when the old gals are at it and it is like swimming in surf....
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby vinyard » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:40 pm

hey katt

good luck! you can do it :)

dan
vinyard

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi katt and welcome!
Now that you are armed with more information about your unique challenge you can (and by the sounds of it, have) set about making yourseklf a unique plan to address it - doing so with your GP is a great start - well done!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Kindred-Katt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:12 am

Hey Katt - with the exercise, get into the pool - the water will support you and it is really hard to do an injury in there!!

Oh yes! Absolutely!
I love swimming and it's great for my asthma too. I have found that when I swim, my asthma is nearly non existant, unless I cop a lung full of some woman's perfume that she swam in before she went out, then I'm coughing and spluttering and sucking on my puffer!

As for the injury side of things, well I have come close to nearly drowning myself in the past, a couple of times actually! lol

Yes, I am the ultimate klutz! lmao
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Return to Introductions