It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

at last a diet that has worked for me!! Hi - I'm new..

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

at last a diet that has worked for me!! Hi - I'm new..

Postby koby » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Being a yo-yo diet as I'm sure you can relate to (well maybe some of you) I just wanted to tell who ever needs to know that after trying so....many diets and I found one that worked extremely well for me (so far - I have 4 kilos to go) and worked well for my sister (who has not put the weight back on.)
I have been on Dr Cohen wellbeing clinic (the diet) and have lost 14 kilos in 10 weeks and I have only got 4 to go. I'm so happy with this that I wanted to share my news.
I found the key with this diet (most diets - I start then 2 weeks later find an excuse to have sonething naughty one night...and then I drop the diet...) is that unless you follow it 100% you might as well not do it at all. I've been on diets that you have 1 egg & 100grms veges..but I'd just forget the vege part...but when you are told that you follow it to the gram - so if you 105gr vege you might as well not do the diet (hope that makes sense) I just found that it triggered something in me to makes it the only diet in history that I have never cheated on. You cannot have alcohol, you have veges and fruit everyday so it doesn;t seem like a low carb diet. You cannot excerise if you haven't been doing so previously and you get 5 x crackers a day.
I have found this to be a fast process (makes me keener to be on) and though 1 may have had 2 weeks with no loss (twice)suddenly I would lose 2 kilos.
Just thought I'd share my story just in case someone wanted to try this one. (google Dr cohen). I promised myself that this was the last diet that I would waste my money on...so Im happy as can be. (extremely bored as I don;t get my wine and soda - but losing weight...) That's more important.
I'll leave a message once I get to more goal...and just to let you know about my sister. My family are the type that you have one slice of bread and you seem to blow out. She had to eat bread for a whole week in Fiji (the chef was not there) and she only put on 1/2 kilo where I would have put on at least 3. So hopefully it fixes up all your hormones etc..so this never happens again. Thanks for reading !!! Koby (38 yrs old)
koby

Postby shelleykay » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi Koby

Congrats on the weightloss...I have head of of Dr Cohen's diet...you can drink lots of diet coke too is that right?

What brand crackers are you allowed...I am doing low carb also...

Nice to met you :D
shelleykay

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:17 pm

hi koby thanks for sharing and best wishes for reaching ur goal
kate_turner2000

Hello ! Re : crackers

Postby koby » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:25 pm

You can have up to 1 litre of diet lemonade or caffiene free diet coke. Or 300ml of solo sub. But eveyones diet is different as they work it out on your blood test. My sisters was different to mine (not that much but still different) Re: crackers I can have a few brands but stick to original salada's. Thanks !
koby

Postby KimE » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:39 pm

Hello Koby and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your fantastic weight loss. You must be feeling so much healthier already. Keep going not far to go now.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi Koby! welcome to the forum and congrats on your achievement so far!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions