It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Hey guys and gals, im new

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey guys and gals, im new

Postby slimm » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:15 pm

Hello people..

just looking around the net and found this aussie weight loss site.. how cool :) anyways.. here is a lil story for u about my life the past 4 months...

Anyways my name is Grant and i am 21yrs old nearly 22 :P im getting old anyways about 4 months ago, i had a life changing experience, not going to say it in a open forum, but if u would like to no, just PM me... anyways in april on my 21st bday party i was talking to a family friend and she said she was a naturopath and i should come see her one day.. .. anyways 6 months later i had my life changing experience that weekend on monday i woke up around 11am as i did casue i had no job and nothin really going for me.. so i said to myself i gotta do something about my weight so i called my family friend.. around 3pm i was down in albert park talking to my family friend... go 4 month ahead iv lost 25kg.. and got another 63kg to go to get to my goal of 100kg

how i lost my 1st 25kg walking 40mins a day and the naturopath deit.. got bored walking the streets so i joined a gym in essendon last week so see how that goes..

anyways thats me in a nut shell

and also i got a great job now and everything is goin great guns!! :)

talk to u all soon!!

Grant!
slimm

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:50 pm

Hey there,

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on life changing moment. You have something to be so proud of.

Grant, 22 is not OLD :lol:

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Jisgone » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:55 pm

im 22 and im old hehe :P
Jisgone

Postby slimm » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:43 pm

haha i did alot of tests and they said my body feels like it was 40yrs old.. in 4 months iv droped 6yrs.. so i guess that goood that ima getting younger!!!

also how do i put one of those charts in my post?
slimm

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:44 pm

hey grant welcome check out the forum help section theres everything u need to know in there. i would love to hear about ur life changing experience can u pm me?

i am 22 this april too :) what date is your birthday? best wishes for the weightloss journey u are on. u seem to be doing quite well and i can feel the confidence just radiating from you :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:48 pm

Hey Slimm - YOU ARE NOT OLD :shock:

If you are then I am ancient at 37 :cry:

You have done so well so far - keep up the good work :D

Oh, and if you want to pm me your life changing moment, I will point you in the direction of my life changing photo that is here somewhere.....
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Justjudy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm

Hi Slimm, Welcome to the forum. :D It certainly sounds like you are turning your life around to what you want it to be. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby slimm » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:26 am

Well this forum is great.. thanks to all for the great comments!!

kate: my bday is on the 7th of april! yourself?? and ill send u a pm soon!

anyways hope to talk to u all soon enff!! :D and ill keep u all updated :)

talk soon! btw hope my sig thingo works this time! :D:D:D :twisted:
slimm

Postby slimm » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:28 am

woohoo it works!
slimm

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:41 am

hey grant sounds like that life changing experience has put you to a better health well done on the effort on the weight loss so far goodluck
Chelle

Postby Chunkster » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:02 am

22...man I wish I was 22 again...although when I was 22 I was too busy eating my way around Europe...which I guess is one of the reasons for me now aiming to get to 77kgs before my 30th in Sep!!! :D

Your story sounds interesting and its great to hear how your life has changed!!!

My husband has lost about 50kgs over the last few years and he has also got homself a snazzy job and is much healthier and happier.

Being overweight really does control so much of your life doesn't it? I was thinking the other day...I have never been "thin"...even at school I was always the hefty one...and I thought..."How on earth does it feel to be thin?"...I wouldn't know as I have only ever held the title of being "fat"...

Anyway...hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to answer that question!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wamVCMb/]
[/url]
Chunkster

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:19 am

hey grant i got ur pm and replied :)

i am 22 on the 23rd april :) im a taurean- watch out!!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:25 am

Hi Grant and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far you have done a fantastic job. Keep at it and you will get to your goal. It sounds like your getting support from family and friends too and it is excellent that you are making these life changes at your age as I think it will set you up for life.

It's surprising how losing weight can increase your confidence but I don't think it just comes from being a different size I think a lot of it comes from knowing you have the strength to change something that has taken over your life. I am much less afraid of trying new things now than I used to be.

All the best on your journey and let us know how you are going. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Fairie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi Grant,

Welcome to the forum, you have done so well and look forward to reading more from you, oh and you are definately not old. :D

And Lolly
If you are then I am ancient at 37

if you are ancient at 37 what does that make me at 49 :wink:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby slimm » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Chunkster i hope i can answer that question to at the end of the yr :) hehe goodluck

the way i see it..once i get to my goal its like my time to shine! never had that time... but it will come!! and i no it this time that i will stick to it!! got heaps of support which helps alot!!
slimm

Next

Return to Introductions