It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

staying motivated

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

staying motivated

Postby jazziri4 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:09 pm

I lost over 50 kgs about 12 years ago. Last year i met my natural father (who is dying of cancer) after 35 years... after an abusive childhood with my step father..and now my mother has decided to dissown me!!!!! the stress of all of this made me go back to my old habits and i managed to gain 15 kgs in less than one year..... but 4 weeks ago i decided to get serious again and i have been walking the dog every day for 1/2 an hour. and eating properlly.... i have lost 4 kgs and i hope i can stay motivated.
sometimes i feel fed up about watching everything that i eat .. but i know its for the best, i cant believe i managed to keep my weight off for 12 years and how quickly i sliiped of the rails...

Postby grugwashere » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi there,

Wow what an amazing loss congratulations... and also congrats on the 4 kilos thus far.

it sounds like your not having a very good time at the moment *hugs*.
i hope this forum offers you all the support you need for yuor journey... no doubt you will have plenty of great tips for us on both losing weight and keeping it off!!

GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:21 pm

hi there welcome
im sorry u have had such a rough few years behind u but by doing something about ur health u will have some awesome years ahead of u. best wishes

Postby Justjudy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:26 pm

What an awful time you have had lately. It is understandable that some of the 50kg (that is amazing by the way) went back on.

It is great to see that you are nipping it in the bud now and not giving up the ghost altogether. You sound as if you made a positive start, and attitude is half the battle.

Looking forward to sharing you journey.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

thank you

Postby jazziri4 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:26 pm

i dont know if i am doing this right.... thank you for all the words of support and encouragement.. if anyone can help me with how to do this.. i would appreciate that..

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:18 pm

we have a forum help section if you would like to head there to find out how to do different things. if u need to know anything just ask :)

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. First of all, congrats on losing all that weight AND keeping it off for 12 years. Good on you. If you've lost that much weight in the past, you should be able to do it again -- and it seems like you are with a 4kg loss chalked up already. Great effort :D

I'm so sorry to hear about your awful situation. Don't be so hard on yourself. If in 12 years, that's what got you off the rails then it's perfectly understandable. You've been dealing with some pretty big issues.

I hope you can find some support, ecouragement and motivation here.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby KimE » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Hello Jazzi and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your initial 50kg loss and awesome effort and even more for having kept it off for 12 matter what else has happened since that achievement can't be taken away from you.

It's amazing how much our emotion can rule our life and how we slip into comfortable old habits to help ourselves handle the hurt and pain.

It's great you have decided to get back on track and we are here to help you in any way that you need. Well done on your loss so far.

I wish you every success on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi Jazzi and welcome
It sounds like you are having some very stressful experiences at the moment. Try and look at them as a challenge and an opportunity to learn something new about yourself and your world. Maybe try some alternatives to eating when you feel down - go for a jog or do something active - excercise is actually a very good help fr depression as well as eating a great way to lose weight.
Hope you get back to your goal and stay there!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I just want to state what a tremendous effort you've achieved. Losing and keeping the weight off for 12 years is amazing.

You have faced some tremendous challenges and set backs in your life and you have proved to yourself that you can face your demons and succeed. You're doing the right thing by not using everything you said as an excuse and doing something to lose the weight you've put on. Good luck, it'll be a nip in the bud for you. You will find friendly people here willing to give support and helpful advice.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs

Return to Introductions