It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:41 am

Free Newsletter

New member - Adelaide Guy

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

a couple of questions for you Donk

Postby Adelaide_Guy_68 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:27 pm

I see you have lost a lot of weight. Could you give me an idea of what you have been doing to lose the weight and how fast it came off?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzya2y7/]
[/url]
Adelaide_Guy_68

Postby Donk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:38 pm

Read this thread, basically covers my weight loss journey

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4517
Donk

Postby tinker » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Darren - Welcome to the forum! The people on this forum are pretty inspirational so I'm sure you'll love it here. Don't let donk influence you with his crazy ideas about male domination :wink: - he loves all the attention :wink: .

Best wishes on your weightloss journey.
tinker

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:19 pm

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum! It's great to have a few extra guys on board!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:39 pm

Welcome Darren good luck mate with your weight loss
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm pretty sure if you are logged in you should see a button on the top right hand corner of your posts that says 'edit' - there are also other buttons there, like delete etc. You do need to be logged in though.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

I'm back

Postby Adelaide_Guy_68 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:34 am

Hi all,

Well it's been 3 months but I'm back. I got a bit side tracked but I think I'm on a winner this time.

I have just started on the Lite and Easy program.

I have only been on the program for 10 days and I am loving it.

I am on the 1200 calorie plan which is not recommended for guys as it is not a lot of calories - however I am finding it is plenty of food. I did have to eat an extra piece of fruit for the first 3 or 4 days in the evenings after dinner as I was getting very hungry but I'm over that now.

I have followed the plan to the letter and am pleased to say that in only 10 days I can already feel the changes in my body.

I have had to pull the belt in a notch which is encouraging.

I'm a single guy so the fact that I get all my meals delivered to my door and I never have to cook is fantastic too.

It's also great to be able to get up in the morning and grab the appropriate breakfast package and lunch package and I'm set for the day.

The concept is extremely simple. The food is just your everyday normal food. There's chicken, pasta, rice, vegetables, potato etc. No fancy fad diets or low carb, high protein etc.

It is portion control that makes the difference. We are fat because we eat too much. It is that simple!! (excluding medical conditions of course).

When I make my own meals I probably eat servings that are 3 times the size I actually need.

While the Lite and Easy portions are much smaller than I would normally eat they are obviously big enough as I am not overly hungry.

As each meal time approaches I am starting to get hungry but it is far from starving.

It's actually a pleasant sensation to have an empty stomach. I used to eat too much food too often before and hunger is almost a new sensation to me.

It has been a real eye opener as I now realise how much I was over eating and how much food I really need to consume.

If anyone has any questions on the program feel free to ask. I will answer the best I can based on my experiences so far.

I know I can stick with this plan and I'll keep you all informed on my progress.

I'm planning my first weigh in this Monday and will look at weighing in probably weekly after that.

Darren
[/url]
Adelaide_Guy_68

Postby Maraver » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:39 am

Fingers crossed that it works for you Darren and thanks for taking the time to tell us all about it, I am looking forward to your weigh in this week
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:59 pm

hey darren wow it sounds perfect for you. if i was on my own or still living at home with mum id be buying lite n easy too :) how good!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:25 pm

That's fantastic Darren and like any plan if you stick to it you will get results.

I too began with the lite n easy plan and found it fantastic. As you say it is everyday food you are eating so when I felt it was time to come off the program and do it myself so to speak I used the same principles and even kept some of the containers the food came in to keep my portion control in line. I absolutely loved the food too and never felt deprived of anything as I got to have things like peanut butter on toast and some of the afternoon snacks felt like such treats (pikelets and jam or the pate ...yummy!). I was worried I wouldn't learn better eating habits but I actually did.

Anyway enough gabbing from me. All the best and it sounds like you are enjoying it so that is half the battle and makes it easier to stay on track.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Pate

Postby Adelaide_Guy_68 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:30 pm

I had the chicken brandy pate today for my afternoon snack.

It is awesome. I had it once last week too for lunch. Yummy

The bread stuff they give you with it is very crunchy but it's very nice too.
[/url]
Adelaide_Guy_68

Postby KimE » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:36 pm

Yeah the crosstini is supposed to be like that and it is very tasty. It was the portion sizes that really got me and made me realise I had just been eating way too much food.

My favourite dinner was the chilli con carne pasta. Oh my, I have thought about ordering just that so I can still have it once a week. Delicious and smothered in cheese I'll never know how they made it low cal and so tasty. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby reester33 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi Darren,

Welcome aboard this happy ship called weight loss! :lol: Glad to hear you're so motivated and keen....we're right with you....to keep you keen so you can be lean!!!! :lol:

;) Maree

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby milkyway » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Hi Darren - great to see you back and on your path to success :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby reester33 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:05 pm

Also great to hear your feedback on Lite n Easy as I'll be starting that when I get back from holidays in 10 days time. So 1200 cals is heaps of food? Not that I'm a big eater anyway.

I like the idea of not having to cook if I get home late from work (sometimes overtime of 3 hours....but hey, you can't plan when someone needs an ambulance can you? lol). Yep...great for singles!

:) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions