It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi Everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everyone

Postby Julz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Heya guys and girls :)

My name is Julie, I'm a 28, married mum of 2 and sick of being fat. I weigh 138kgs and I'm disgusted in myself. I'm sitting here watching Amazing Medical Stories, they are featuring super morbidly obese people and I don't want to end up like that. So I have decided no more putting it off I have to lose weight now.

This is the most I have ever weighed, I was at this weight a couple of years ago, but I fell pregnant after having to go on fertility treatment. I had really had morning sickness and lost a lot of weight, after giving birth I weighed 115. I'm so angry at myself that all that weight I lost has piled back on.

So since I am too embarrassed to talk about my situation with anyone and I wouldn't dare tell anyone I know my weight I thought this would be a good place to talk to like minded people who won't judge me.

Now I'm going to go get myself one of those tickers and I am determined to have it read at least a couple kgs lighter next week.

Julie :)
Julz

Postby milkyway » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi Julz and welcome aboard. You're absolutely right -- no one here is going to judge you. You'll find this a very friendly place with lots of tips, advice, encouragement and support. I hope we can all help you during your weightloss journey and I look forward to hearing about your progress. :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Donk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:52 pm

Great to have you aboard Julie and hope to see those kilos dropping.
Donk

Postby Mandie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:56 pm

Good on you for making the decision to change your life and get healthy. Remember, slow and steady wins the race - you have a long way to go, and you're not going to be a size 10 next month... but if you keep at it, it will happen!

The important thing is making changes you can sustain, so that you will keep the weight off - forever! How good will it be that day when you get into double figures and think - I'll NEVER weigh over 100kg again!

Best of luck, we're all here to support you.
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:51 am

Image Julz

we all have our own journeys here but have a common goal- to be healthier and happier. you have come to a great place for support and understanding. feel free to join in when and where u feel comfortable. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:53 am

Welcome to the forum Julz. Everyone is here for the same reason, so don't be afraid to speak up, or to ask questions. Everyone here is so supportive, and will help to keep you on track.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:02 am

Hi there, I also weighed exactly 115kg after I gave birth to my daughter. With some determination and patience I managed to lose a lot of weight but it happened slowly (over a period of two years) so dont expect miracles overnight. Some people expect to lose weight fast and when they dont, they give up and go back to their old ways :? .
Start off slowly and dont completely change everything about your diet/lifestyle because you may not be able to maintain it. I remember just making a few small changes and that was enough to kickstart the weight loss. Once you stop losing weight, change a few more things and you will continue losing. As long as you stick to your plan you will succeed and dont let anyone or anything get in your way. You can do it! EVeryone here is great so ask as many questions as you like.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:19 am

welcome along julz :) this is such a great place for support, u dont need to be embarassed about your weight around here! i was the same at first, its hard to tell people your darkest secret but now im so used to telling everyone on here about my weight i dont feel ashamed to tell my friends and family anymore :) its not always easy but its the best thing youll ever do for yourself
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Julz and welcome to the forum!! I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey and look forward to seeing your progress!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:04 pm

Hello Julie and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi Julie,

I'm Dee - at almost 25 years old I started this year at 135.6 kgs and am also a married mum of two. So far I've lost almost 12kgs and am finally getting to the point where I don't feel ashamed of my weight - but instead I'm proud of how hard I am working to make changes in my life.

Can't wait to share in your success - and remember we are all here for you if you need help, guidance, love and hugs.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I feel at home already :D
Julz

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi julie . I am another julie LOL or jules . Welcome to the forums . Hope to see u around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi Julz and welcome. When I first started, it was hard to overcome the senseless embarrassment I felt at any effort on my behlalf to eat right or exercise - like everyone was looking at me thinking "yeah, as if THAT'S gonna help you". But the more I did it the easier it became! Congrats on taking the steps you have so far!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions