It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:02 am

Free Newsletter

My intro

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My intro

Postby Nathan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:33 am

Hey,

My name is Nathan. I've been working on loosing weight since being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes in August last year. I have been managing well, but now its begining to get hard so found this forum and thought I'd join to get a bit of support and encouragment.

Thanks

Nathan

PS I like those cute little ticker graph thingys and got one myself but don't know how it get the pick in there, can someone enlighten me, I can only find instructions to post the graph. My ticker is at http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wI43W6x/
Nathan

Postby milkyway » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:41 am

Hi Nathan -- welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of support and encouragement here.

I'm sorry to hear about your Diabetes, but it sounds like you've made great progress towards improving your health. Congrats on the weightloss to date.

In regards to your ticker, you can cut and paste the url into your 'Profile' which you'll find a link for towards the top of the page, next to the 'private messages' link. Scroll right down until you find your signature field and pop it in there.

All the best!
Sandra
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Introduction

Postby Nathan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:55 am

Hey Sandra,

Thanks, yeah the Dx was the precipitating factor for loosing weight. I don't wont to go onto medication (and certainly don't want to go onto insulin) so my Dr said let's try diet and exercise, so I eat well and kill myself in the gym most days now. Thus far manged to keep my BSL at a near perfect number, which is 0.1 off being non diabetic.

I know the honeymoon will not last forever, but the longer I can starve (pun intended) it off the better.

Oh and have pasted the link in the signature part of profile, so see if it works.

Nathan

PS woohoo, the ticker was there in the preview.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wI43W6x/]
[/url]
Nathan

Postby Ally » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:27 am

Welcome aboard Nathan! I think it is great that you are changing your lifestyle to avoid having to go on medication.....definately a step in the right direction!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:57 am

hey there nathan welcome to the group- im sure you will find the motivation and encouragement here to help you on your way to your goal.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Welcome, Good luck with lossing weight
Chelle

Postby KimE » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:07 am

Hello Nathan and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your weightloss to date you are doing a fantastic job and well done on keeping your diabetes under control. Improving your health is the best gift you can give yourself. Keep up the great work.

All the best. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chunkster » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:00 am

Hello Nathan,

Welcome to the forum!!! Congrats on everything you have achieved so far!!! I to am losing weight to avoid going on any medication for diabetes. You will get lots of support here!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wamVCMb/]
[/url]
Chunkster

Thanks for the posts

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Hey all,

Thanks heaps for all your welcomes, supoprt and encouragement. You have made me feel welcome and look forward to being a part of this community as often as I can.

Nathan.
[/url]
Nathan

Postby Mandie » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:26 pm

hey nathan, welcome aboard!

you're doing the right thing as far as the diabetes is concerned.
a lot of the diabetes tablets have the rather unfortunate side effect of making people gain weight, and insulin DEFINITELY makes people store fat.. and then it is even harder to control your blood sugars!

so controlling your weight now, and keeping your BSLs in the normal range without medication, is your best shot at avoiding any diabetes complicationsin the future!

good on you :D
Mandie

thanks

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:26 pm

Hey Mandie,

Yes, I certainly aware of all the unwelcome effect of Diabetes medication, mood swings, weight gain etc. Hence being very aggressive with BSL control. If I can put of for even 1 year progression to medication or insulin then all the better. But as you have pointed out the more important this is to avoid diabetes related complications from poor control.

This week back at the gym and BSLs back where they should be between 4.9 and 5.2.

Nathan
[/url]
Nathan

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi Nathan and welcome to the forum!
it's amazing to see what diet and exercise can do in person - all the way to beating a condition that usually requires medication. Well done- just goes to show how important a healthy lifestyle really is!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby doublebubble » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:38 pm

Welcome Nathan :)
doublebubble

Return to Introductions