It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:03 am

Free Newsletter

Hi! I'm new and looking for support :-)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi! I'm new and looking for support :-)

Postby AmandA » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi everyone :D

I am happy to say I have started my weightloss journey today!

Here is a bit about me:

I am 23 years old from Adelaide. I had my son last June and have struggled to keep my weight down since then. It is so hard to find the time to prepare and cook healthy meals with a little one! My husband and I are trying to lose weight together, though he is a chef who LOVES his food so I think it will be hard for him to stay focused being around yummy food all day. I am at the largest I have ever been which gets me down everyday... my goal is to be back to a size 12, which is about 60-65 kgs for me. Im not sure what I weigh now, probably in the 80's (will get some scales).

I would love to chat with other people who are also trying to lose weight and give/receive encouragement and support as I think I am going to need it :oops: .

Amanda :-)
AmandA

Postby Mandie » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:33 pm

Best of luck Amanda! Don't worry, this forum is the BEST place for support and encouragement.. we are all at different points on our weight loss journeys, and we are all here for each other. Welcome! :)
Mandie

Postby KimE » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Hello Amanda and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby AmandA » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:41 pm

Thanks for your replies girls :)

Any tips on where to start in this forum? I'm new to this forum layout, so still trying to get the hang of it!!
AmandA

Postby *KaTe* » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Hey Amanda! Welcome 2 the forum! Every 1 is awesome on here, anything you need to know just ask and some 1 will be able to help you out!!

I only started on here a week or so ago, and found the best way is to just look through all the different sections of the forum...then you will get an idea of how its set out and where people post things etc...

All the best with your weight loss! :D
*KaTe*

Postby milkyway » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:16 pm

Hi Amanda - you've come to a great place for support. No on here is going to judge you, only encourage and provide lots of advice and tips.

When I log onto the forum, I hit the 'View Posts since last visit' link which is on right hand side of the screen, above the forum list. It's quite useful to see what's been posted since I last visited.

Lots of action in the Weightloss Talk section and the 'Personal Progress' forum is good to read about others journey and you should start your own topic there to track your own progress.

All the best!
Sandra
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi Amanda, welcome to the forum!
how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!! pick a topic, any topic and start there. Basically the site is set up into sections with conversation topics under them- for example exercise talk has topics about general exercise stuff. Just have a look at whatever takes your fancy!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:29 pm

hey amanda welcome to the group. head to the forum help section to help find your way around the forum. join in when and where you feel comfortable.

i can relate to you. i had my daughter and being a stay at home mum i was eating junk food during the day and would justify my eating by saying i had vegies and a cooked meal at dinner time with my fiance. the weight quickly piled on and i wasnt breastfeeding either.

if you have any questions feel free to ask :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 pm

I think the best place to start is simply by look ing at anything that grabs your eye. If you have any questions, chuck them up - even if they've been covered in previous threads someone will either have a link, and put you back to the old thread - or a whole new set of ideas may come from your query. Some topics we've covered a few times, but every time we do someone comes up with something new.

I love reading ppl's progress pages - but don't feel like you have to read the whole thing, you can catch up pretty quickly, usually and some of them are pretty long! hehehehe (Just ask Ally!)

Good luck and come back often...
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Chelle » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:44 pm

hey amanda good luck with getting back on track
Chelle

Return to Introductions