It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Free Newsletter

...your stomach is waving a white flag of surrender...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:56 am

im not one for old fashioned names myself- my daughters name is heidi which comes from adelheid. its a german name and even though its old i find its not as common as names like sarah and jessica.

you can beat this yogi, you have so many reasons as to why you should be healthier. i think about the forum a couple of times a day :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:37 pm

Welome good luck with you weight loss journey
Chelle

Postby Yogi-Bear » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi Kate, I suppose i mean strong sounding names. heidi is a good choice for me as well. my wife is originally russian so we tried to find names that would fit in both countries. alla has an apartment in st.petersburg and we would like to live there for a while. my daughter is called anastasia which also fits both countries.
i'm going to get back into my good-habits again which are-early nights in bed by 10pm, limited caffeine, and daily exercise. i'll try to stick to calorie counter as well.
i really noticed today i am an emotional eater. if i feel a bit flat or depressed i'll eat something. then i fall a little lower and so i eat a bit more etc. i must have been doing this for years and it is slowly getting back at me. whereas if i live by my good habits i definitely start to feel better and quite quickly as well.
thanks for everything
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:27 am

Hiya Yogi and welcome to the forum!! I think the ladies have given you some great advice already, so I won't add any more here!! It is great to have you join us and we are always happy to help if we can.....welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing your progress!!

Congratulations to you and your wife on your new baby boy.....My kids all have "older" style names!! Deborah, Felicity, Christopher and Abigail.....not a modern name in sight!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 am

hi yogi

a lot of people can relate to the emotional eating so you arent alone. it sounds like you are making lots of steps to change your lifestyle. remember to take it slow- slow and steady wins the race.

we have russian in our family heritage too and i am quite interested in russian history- as is my brother. i always liked anastasia for a girls name as well as tatiana. doubt ill ahve any more kids though- the labour part hurts! haha.
kate_turner2000

Postby Yogi-Bear » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:35 pm

hi everybody,
That is why you are a champion Kate! It is the Russian in your blood. I met Alla in India when I was doing some more Yoga training ( I work as a Physics teacher but sometimes I volunteer to teach Yoga as I am qualified). Back then (8 years ago) I was 70kg, very flexible, and I felt fantastic. I used to do 4 hours a day in India and it was cheap- less than a dollar a day.
I snooped around and read your weight-loss story. What an inspiration. You are very strong to be dealing so well at your age. I don't mean to patronise but I couldn't cope with what you have been going through given your young age. Believe me, you get a lot stronger and more settled as you get older. At least, it was so with me. Nowadays I cope quite well but in my 20's-no way. I was still getting better in my 30's as well.
It has been a surprise for me to see that eating is not an effective way to deal with depression. I guess I knew this all along but I wasn't that clear about it. I reckon I eat mainly because I get depressed easily. I don't think I really enjoy food as much as you. I feel bad and I stuff food in but it doesn't work-it is a bad habit.
Cheers anyway...
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:44 pm

hey yogi you're in newcastle - im not far from there myself. sounds like you had led a very interesting life so far and iam sure with determination and a few lifestyle changes you will enjoy the rest of your life healthier and fitter :)

thanks for your comments too about my weightloss journey. i always think 'jeez i wish i done this years ago!' because i enjoy being lighter and having more confidence and receiving compliments from friends and family. up until now ive copped quite a bit of flack for my size. but as i say, no regrets :)

make sure you keep us posted with how you go :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Yogi-Bear » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 pm

Yes, the rest of your life feeling better about yourself and happier. That reminds me of my mother who obssessed about your overweightness all the time I knew her. Now she is quite old and still overweight. All those years of shame and negativity and she is still overweight. Its a terrible way to live life. It is amazing that some forum members have turned things around and beaten the problem for once and for-all hopefully.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Alrischa » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:47 am

Wecome to the forums, Yogi. I'm sure you'll be one of these inspirations like Kate (whose progress I read yesterday, and didn't that take a while!)... you'll drop your 20k in a few months and confound and impress us all! lol.

We're having our first bub in about a month, so I'm not losing weight just yet, but I think I'll have about 30 or 35 to lose. My hubby likes the old-fashioned, unusual names, too, and I'm not too sure what the family will think of our choices... :) But nevermind them! he he.

You'll have to start up a progress thread so we can all keep up with you.

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:00 pm

lol dont worry al you name the baby what you like. my family made fun of the names we picked and we stuck with them!
kate_turner2000

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:19 pm

Thankyou very much, I was thinking the same thing about the progress thread so I'll head over there!!
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Previous

Return to Introductions