It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 am

Free Newsletter

The lesser me!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

The lesser me!!

Postby hotangelique » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:37 pm

My name is Vanessa, I was just browsing and I kind of fell into this fabulous site! And its Australia too! Yay!

I am a 23 year old mother of an 18 month old girl. I weighed 172kg 2 days before I gave birth ( I KNOW!!!!) and have struggled down to 152.2kg. My goal weight is 75kg as I am 172cm tall. I weighed 143kg when I was 19 and lost 60kg and got down to 83kg and them piled it all on again and I am finding it hard to keep going this time!

Any tips?!!!

Anyhoo nice to meet you all!!

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi Vanessa, I'm so glad you found this forum, it'll be great losing weight with you. I also have the same goal weight as you (although I'm not quite that tall)

It's awful how we gain weight so easily after having babies.
Just jump on any thread and if you like you can sign up for our slimmer of the month challenge. You'll find it on the Weigh In board
or you can click here -

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:53 pm

Hi Vanessa

Welcome aboard :D

I'm fairly new to this forum also - I joined here about 2-3 weeks ago.

You will meet a great bunch of people that are always here for support and encouragement.

We are all aiming for our goals and I can tell you there is a lot of inspiration here - I am the question asker of the list at the moment :lol:

I am 48 years old and on medication for a bowel condition and over the last 6 years have steadily gained weight. I am 166cm and now 81.1 kilo's (started weight loss 6 weeks ago through a low fat diet and exercise I was 84.7) and aiming for about 72ish. I have many photos taken a few years ago and I look fairly scrawny at what is supposed to be ideal weight so I probably won't get down to 65 kilos.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Postby Fairie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:31 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome to this great site and well done on your losses so far. :D

I'm 48 and have been overweight my whole life. I know it's not easy this weightloss journey we are on but you will get heaps of suport from everyone here.

Just jump right in and post away. :D

Postby jodestar » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome to the forum.My goal weight is 75kg as well as iam also 172cm tall. Congratulations on your weightloss so far. Looking forward to sharing the weightloss journey with you.

Return to Introductions