It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am

Free Newsletter

Move it and lose it!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Move it and lose it!

Postby enli » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:12 pm

I think it's about time I get off my butt and I think it's about time I tell everyone of my plans so there's no excuses.

I also think it's about time that I surround myself with people encountering the same difficulties so that I can give and get encouragement.

I have always been overweight and steadily climbing over the years. In high school, I thought I was hideous and ugly (in hindsight I wish I looked like that now). My entire family is obsessed with weight and appearances. My mother had me doing weight watchers when I was 8 years old (I wasn't overweight then) and all through school I had her voice in my head telling me what I should and shouldn't wear due to my size (I was a size 14 in year 12).

I am now a size 18 to 20. I broke my foot 6 weeks ago and weighed myself at the hospital... 93kg. 6 weeks of hobbling around the house, I now can't fit into the pants I was wearing at the hospital that day.

I am a very active person though... I horse ride, walk my dogs, have a fairly physical job and enjoy getting out and getting active. My problem is CHOCOLATE!!!! I can't get away from it! I CRAVE it! I WANT it!!! I can't go a meal without having a little bit (or alot) at the end and I LOVE iced coffee's. I'm a real sweet tooth and have next to no will power to stop myself engorging on anything with sugar in it. I'm scared I will end up diabetic. I can see it happening the rate that I am going. I want to STOP!! I want to feel healthy and look better to my husband. I want to look good for me! I don't want to feel bad for my poor horse when I go for a ride as well :oops: .

I know that my problem is the way I eat. I signed up with Lite n Easy today just for a kick start in discipline (if the food is there and already made I am more likely to stick to the plan). Once I have done a few weeks with them and developed a better eating habit, I want to go onto something that I can do for myself at home (so that hubby can eat the same meal).

So wish me luck... here it goes! And thanks for having me here!
enli

Postby Mandie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:34 pm

welcome aboard :) best of luck. everyone around here is going through the same thing, and everyone is really encouraging.. you'll be fine :D
Mandie

Postby enli » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:39 pm

Thanks Mandie, I was given the idea to join a forum by a lady who has inspired me to finally get moving. I liked the support shown in the posts in here and I think it will be a real help to me!
enli

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:07 pm

HI enli welcome to the group- i love your ticker :)

reading your introduction reminded me of myself at my heaviest 91kg. i had to have chocolate every single day as well as a expresso coffee Dare (flavoured milk). once you start to see results you will feel inspired and motivated to keep going.

ive heard great things about lite n easy so keep us posted :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi Enli and welcome to the forum.

I too did the lite n easy and it was really helpful to see just what a portion really consists of. Now I do it myself based on the ideas I got from them so it really can work.

Hope your foot is healing well.

All the best and let us know how you go. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby enli » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Thanks everyone,

Kate, it's good to know that I'm not the only iced coffee addict (Ice Breaks are my poison) I was starting to think I was weird. In an ideal world I could live on Icebreaks and chocolate! Being at home stuck in the house for 6 weeks has seen me make my own iced coffees and now I'm even adding baileys!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: My hubby laughs at me and says I will never be a stay at home mum as boredom would drive me to alcoholism. It's not good to laugh as I know that the last 6 weeks have just been a misery and trying on the pants I wore to the hospital and realising I'm too big for them was a mighty smack in the mouth!

My first delivery of lite n easy is coming tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing what's involved.
enli

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:50 pm

yeah let us know how the first day goes on it :) no you dont sound weird at all. my iced coffee and chocolate craze started when i became a stay at home mum. i could eat and drink whatever i liked because i didnt have time to eat properly or put much consideration into it. its hard thats for sure
kate_turner2000

Postby talia11 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi Enli and welcome - I too an on Lite N Easy and find it fantastic - the portions are great and I love the food! Hope you do well and drop me a line if you want to chat!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi Enli and welcome!
Glad you like the forum and I look forward to seeing you on the boards!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby enli » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:19 pm

My Lite N Easy had arrived and I've tucked into my first lunch... It was very tasty but I think my body is in shock - WHAT?!?! GREEN FOOD?!?! It's gotta be a mental thing but I feel sick. It was salad and I've never been a huge fan of salad... I couldn't finish it. I will have a big bottle of water when I go out soon and when I come home, I'm sure I'll be salivating for dinner. Baby steps... and first day jitters... I know I'll be fine!
enli

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:24 pm

hi enli

i thought with lite n easy you got to choose what meals you wanted? i hope you feel better soon, your body is probably going into withdrawal!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:49 pm

Welcome hope your foot is getting better. Let us know how you go on light & easy if it works for you. good luck with getting back on track.
Chelle

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:29 pm

Kate you can choose what you like but it is a little bit hit and miss the first week. I asked for no baked beans and sure enough my lot turned up with baked beans. I ate them all the same as I wanted to stick to it 100% but didn't order them again. Not a big fan but I love my beans in all other ways.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:42 pm

ah ok then... thanks for letting me know kim :)
kate_turner2000

Postby enli » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:13 pm

mmmm... I'm hungry - I'm holding off on having dinner till a bit later but my stomach is rumbling. I HATE the first day of a diet.
enli

Next

Return to Introductions