It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Free Newsletter

first time here and DEFINITELY my last diet

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

first time here and DEFINITELY my last diet

Postby linda » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:46 pm

Hi,
I am 41 years of age, over 6 feet tall, and 5 years ago lost 22 kg in six months by going to the gym and living on "Lean Cuisine". Once I had reached my goal I slowly reverted back to my old ways (chocolate, chips, bread and cheese being the worst culprits), needless to say my weight at the start of this diet one week ago was 99kg, and I have been feeling depressed and unmotivated that I allowed myself to put so much weight back on. Now I am getting married for the second time in 12 months time, and am determined to look nice on my wedding day.

So I purchased a 9 week membership at the local Gym and have committed myself to giving it my all for 9 weeks, hoping that this would get me going. The plan this time is to go to the gym everyday, but not to jump around like crazy until I am out of breadth, but to do my own thing, treadmill, cross trainer, and some weights and to eat healthily and in moderation, no prepackaged meals this time. With the plan of losing at least 1kg per month. Well in my first week I have stuck to my plan, gone to the gym six out of the seven days, cooking the same sort of meals but incorporating more salads, and during the day munching on fruit and I have found watermelon most refreshing on hot days, and when my sweet tooth has just been too much - an icypole, and for snacking just a few walnuts. So far so good and much to my surprise I have lost 3 kg in just one week.

So this is definitely my last diet, I am going to get there and STAY THERE!
linda

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Linda, welcome to the forum. your plan sounds brilliant. I'm sure you're going to reach your goal with that amount of determination.
sign up for our november slimmer of the month challenge and record what weight you were on the first of this month.

It's located in the weigh in board.

hugs
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:45 am

Hi Linda,

Welcome and good luck with your weightloss journey. Hope to see you around the board. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby jodestar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:55 am

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the board:) Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far, your'e doing great!

Jodie
jodestar

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:21 pm

Welcome linda and Congrats on the loss so far .Im sure peeps in here will help keep you motivated
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Maraver » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:30 pm

Welcome to our little home
I am sure we will help you as you will help us
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:50 pm

wow linda, you sound REALLY motivated. Hope i can pick up some of that motivation.

I'm 41, 180 cms tall and weigh 97.5 kg.

Ideally, I should be about 70 kg.

I havent got a plan as yet. Im not really a gym kind of person although, I dont like being a fat kind of person even more than I wouldnt like being a gym kind of person.

I was thinking of a mix of swimming, dancing and jogging, for an exercise regime.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:56 pm

Re-posting with username:

wow linda, you sound REALLY motivated. Hope i can pick up some of that motivation.

I'm 41, 180 cms tall and weigh 97.5 kg.

Ideally, I should be about 70 kg.

I havent got a plan as yet. Im not really a gym kind of person although, I dont like being a fat kind of person even more than I wouldnt like being a gym kind of person.

I was thinking of a mix of swimming, dancing and jogging, for an exercise regime.

Carla

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:18 pm

i didn't think i was a gym kind of person either, but you can just do your own thing there,no pressure, i wear a walkman on the treadmill and i find that way if i listen to face paced music i walk faster. I have since got a bike too, just another form of excercise so things don't get too repetitive. I like the gym thing because that gives me a routine of exercising at the same time of day each day

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:19 pm

i forgot to add sometimes excercising is boring by yourself, wish i had a workout buddy

Postby linda » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:21 pm

i am such a dummy forgot to log on, so the previous two messages are mine
linda

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:25 pm

heheh it takes i while linda i did that for ages before I realised i had to log in lol
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Introductions